Big Ten to use instant replay. Good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Feb 27, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

http://www.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/022604aab.html

It hasn't worked in the NFL as good as I thought it would, but after watching a couple of games last year, Florida vs Florida St for one, it might be time to see it in college ball. I'm going to have to say I would like to see it at least tried for a year or two.

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Replay in Big 10 might prove to them that they just aint that good up there after seeing it twice.

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

After watching several little 10 games last year and not touching my TIVO control once, I'd have to agree with your assessment...

...that just ain't worth rewindin'...

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

twisted.... i wasn't sure who i was pulling for during UF FSU game so I certainly wasn't biased but that had to be the worst officated game i ever saw.... meaning the most critical calls which swung the game in a different direction. so many critical turnonver/non turnover calls. i'd like to rewatch it for that.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

That game was a complete FIASCO...

...it made college football look like the WWF...

...I hate to root for the Gators but I hate St. Booby even more...

...after TIVOing the bad calls back SO MANY TIMES, it became almost pointless because you JUST KNEW that the Gators were gonna get scr*wed again...

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

And the replay is always one speed for the Dumbazzes too stupid to know how to count to ... Big Eleven

Big Eleven FB is in ~S~L~O~ ~M~O~ anyway, no need for replay

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

There will be a problem with having the same amount of cameras for each game. It will be interesting to see how things work out. When the game is nationally televised there should be plenty of camera angles to choose from, but if the game is televised by some network like JP sports, look out.

8. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I personally don't like instant replay. I have seen where it is a momentum buster and it seems that in the NFL the officiating has gotten worse because it seems they think if they miss a call the replay will bial them out. I might like to see it in the case of a turnover if the coach is willing to put a time out on the line. The game happens so fast now that maybe more officials with smaller areas to watch would be more in line of what is needed.