Biggest A-Hole in Media or Politics

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Pontius Pilate, Nov 4, 2010.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

maybe. my impression of those token liberals is that they have them on just so they can be mocked.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Maybe you're wrong. Most discussions are good natured and the libs are usually on the defensive but their side is heard. O'Reilly, particularly, makes a serious effort to be, at least, middle of the road. He credits liberal pundits if they make a point. You can't judge if you don't watch. I often check out MSNBC but after a half hour or so, I get nauseous. Chris Matthews, Olbermann and Maddow are not only uber liberal, but they are an angry type of liberal. Very amateur and unprofessional. They gave up their journalistic ethics (assuming they ever had any) long ago. Of the Fox hosts, only Hannity is unabashedly anti Obama. The rest are more anti government intrusion, anti tax increase, anti big spending and anti nanny state. It's not their fault that Obama is polar opposite. Obama, however gets far less grief from Fox News than W ever got from MSNBC and the mainstream media. It's no coincidence that Fox News kicked all of their asses on election night.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

o'reilly is very angry. he screams he freaking head off at guests. and he isnt for anti-intrusive government when it comes to religion.

but i will buy your point that over at msnbc they are pretty damn liberal, and i will also buy your point that i dont watch much fox news so i dont really know, i dont even have cable anymore, i am all grown up.

4. SabanFan

You shouldn't debate someone who obviously knows far more about the subject than you do (with apologies to Red for my Global Warming rants).

The only time I've seen O'Reilly scream in anger was at Barney Frank. He doesn't scream at guests. He interrupts them a lot and talks over them which is aggravating, but it's to keep the show moving and not beat dead horses. He's extremely egotisctical and arrogant, but his research is impeccable and he delivers facts, not innuendo or bullsh!t.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

6. SabanFan

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

by chance i was watching that time he yelled at barney frank.

anways, i am not debating you, the fact is that fox is ridiculous and only old people and flyover state yokels watch it. msnbc is also ridiculous and only the same people watch it, plus a few idiot liberals. tv news is a dead medium.

8. SabanFan

A closed mind is a stupid mind - SabanFan

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Preach on Big T, we will get em right one of these days!:grin:

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Olbermann and Michael Savage.