Biggest Game of Year for LSU - Notre Dame v. Syracuse?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USMTiger, Nov 30, 2003.

1. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

I think the SEC Championship game is on CBS from what I can remember....

2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

When you have to worry about Notre Dame v. Syracuse or Alabama v. Hawaii to know your place in the nation, something is very very wrong....

I will be pulling for Syracuse though....

3. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

From the Sportsline article linked above:
    ”For Sugar Bowl purposes, it wants to win but in a close game so that Georgia remains in the final top 10 of the BCS rankings.”

There is something awfully, awfully wrong with the so-called NCAA 1A BCS football championship when a team is in a must win situation, but also must keep the score close to have any chance. When will this insanity end; I don’t see any reason why there can’t be a playoff system like all other NCAA sports and a bowl system too. It would just mean much more revenues! Are they so blind they can’t see it?

Also from the Sportsline article linked above:
    ”Of course, all that is out the window if:
    · Oklahoma loses to Kansas State in the Big 12 championship. There is the possibility that Oklahoma could remain in the top two and still play for the national championship. If not then LSU and USC, if both win Saturday, could move into the 1-2 slots.
    · If Oklahoma and USC win and LSU loses to Georgia, then it's for sure Oklahoma-USC.
    · If Oklahoma wins and both LSU and USC lose, then it's most likely Michigan getting into the Sugar Bowl against the Sooners.
    · If Oklahoma, LSU and USC lose, Oklahoma is still No. 1 in the BCS. Then you're back to fight for No. 2 between Michigan and Georgia.”

Where’s if Oklahoma and LSU win and USC loses to Oregon St., then it’s for sure Oklahoma-USC. Can anyone else see the bias?

4. SEN

SEN Founding Member

Tellshaw Sez:

"The battle between USC and LSU might be decided by the computer polls. LSU is ahead in Massey, Anderson and Sagarin. It is very likely that LSU will overtake USC in Billingsley by beating Georgia. I think it is also likely that LSU will 2nd in the NYTimes. This ranking correlates well with the opponents winning percentage and weighs recent results more heavily (that is how Florida was ranked so highly). Wolfe's ranking will be a close call but I think LSU has a good shot at that one too. That leaves Colley's Matrix. Luckily, I have that one duplicated. USC will be #2 in Colley with wins by the favorites. LSU will be #2 in Colley if Syracuse upsets ND, even if Hawaii upsets Boise State. So there you have it the Syracuse-ND game could determine the BCS with its effect on sos and Colley's Matrix. Of course there are many such games during the season, this is just the last one."

http://www.geocities.com/rtell/