Biggest Impact

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUfan4life, Feb 4, 2004.

1. jrich71291

jrich71291 Say What?

Watch out for Luke Sanders. We are thin on experience at this position. I have been watching football in NE Louisiana for a long time and this kid is every bit as good as Bradie James, maybe better. Only time will tell.

2. TigahBait

TigahBait Ultimate Tigah Fan

Amp Hill!!

3. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

I think Claude Wroten and Tim Washington wil make big impacts on defense, and on offense I look for Doucet to get playing time and to see more and more as the season progresses. Ryan Miller may be tempting to use next year on the OL, but I'd prefer to redshirt him and save him for the future.

I believe Xavior Carter will be reshirted next year and Lavelle Hawkins will be a grayshirt and so will not be available next year.

As for as the rest of the recruiting class, I'd try to redshirt them.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Doucet, his size and speed will dazzle. Carter and Hawkins probably will redshirt. In fact I think Hawkins does not have the grades anyway (I think that's what has been posted).

Wroten, will fill in nicely for Lavalais.

Dorsey or Favorite, I think one of these can be an impact reserve. One of these may end up being redshirted more than likely.

Luke Sanders, has a chance to see significant playing time at that OLB spot.

Herman Johnson, I think the right tackle spot is his to lose.

Steltz has a legitimate shot at Safety, if not starting then as a backup.

Mario Stevenson definitely plays as the nickel or dime DB.

5. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I don't agree. He has got to win that job. It's his to WIN. There will be some good players that he will have to beat out, all of which will have a spring practice advantage over Herm. Coach will play the best players though.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The best thing about these last 2 classes is that there isn't one guy that you can point to and say "he starts". The competion will be hot at all positions where a starter has left and even some where they return. The talent level of the redshirt frosh is great and then some of these incoming guys appear to be ready to come in and challenge. Receivers can usually make an impact easier these days due to their now being some 4 and even 5 receiver sets so I would guess that either Doucet or Carter will make an impact. and one or both may be used as the second deep guy on kick returns along with Skyler, maybe even both on kickoff returns if they are as good as advertised. Skyler will return punts though.