Biggest question coming out of this game.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Why the hell did we piss away Scott's redshirt if we only use him against nonconference and weak conference opponents???

This is maybe the dumbest decision that I have ever seen a coaching staff make.

I mean the guy has looked real solid when he has been given snaps. By far better than the three guys playing in front of him, yet he doesn't even cross the chalk when we go on the road.

Playing not to lose. Worrying about putting pressure on a freshman is chicken ****.

The guy is a football player, why not let him play?

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

good point. I think until the Tennessee game we play Scott, Williams, and RP a lot more and see what they can do. RP was basically the second coming of Vince Young, and has only played like 10 snaps at LSU...yet Tebow is a force at Florida behind Leak..........go figure.

3. winntiger

winntiger Founding Member

I agree about Scott. Where was he? It all comes down to coaching and evaluating talent. Undoubtedly Miles and staff have a problem in this area. First you had Robinson leave due to playing time. Next you will have RP leaving due to the same thing. Just wait and see.

4. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

How about Keiland? Why in the hell did we burn his redshirt?

5. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

I wondered this myself. Where was Scott? Did he even make the trip? WTF? Why does the coaching staff remain all-confident in the running of Justin Vincent? Why does Jimbo take the heat if Les Miles is running the offense? Questions....questions....questions.....and no clearcut answers.

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

He can still qualify for the modical hardship. Scott can not.

7. srhlbtiger

srhlbtiger Freshman

I agree. I never saw Scott on the field. I keep waiting for him to spark the running game. We reminds me, we have no running game against top tier teams. We have yet to prove ourselves.

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I support Miles but in this "burning redshirt" issue thats just plain DUMB! Doesnt appear to be any sense to his decisions in this regard.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Might not be the smartest thing to do but the same thing crossed my mind this afternoon.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Exactly, part of the problem is that we play not to lose because our defense
    is so good.
    We have lost 2 games in a row with this strategy.