Biggest question coming out of this game.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Oct 7, 2006.

1. halloween boy

halloween boy Freshman

I agree with you 100 %. Vincent has seen his better days and Alley is overweight and too slow. They better start playing Ryan P. or we may leave too.
    JR is another Aaron Brooks
    :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I assume you're part of the immediate Perrilloux family?

3. jbhouston

jbhouston Freshman

I've got a bunch of questions after this game:

--Why doesn't Chevis Jackson know when and how to catch a punt versus letting it go over his head into the end zone (or out of his hands into those of an opponent's)?

--Do we have anybody else who can return punts?

--Why can't our highly touted QB use his equally touted 6'6" 250 lbs. physique to score a touchdown from the 1 yard line?

--Why can't the same QB pass the ball, at least half the time, within a yard of where his receivers are supposed to be on a pattern?

--Is anybody else getting the sinking feeling that Les Miles ain't the motivational force we'd hope a head coach would be? I mean, you're team makes a ridiculous amount of mental mistakes in the first half that keeps it a tie game instead of a 2 or 3 touchdown lead, and after you have the chance to kick some butts and get everyone re-focused at halftime what do they do? Muff a friggin kickoff for a safety. I'm sorry, I know that ain't all Miles's fault, but the fact that our players were more worried about crowd noise or a hit from a Florida defender over what their coach would do to them if they screwed up again... is completely the coach's fault. Do you think we would've played that crappy over the second half if Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden had 15 minutes with them after that first half? I didn't think so...

Ok, I've got all those questions and more. Honestly, the running game ain't making the top 10...

4. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

I may be wrong but I dont think the running back is the problem here. To me it looks like the O-Line is weak and the running plays are very predictible.(Jesus could not run behind this line) Im not impressed with scott, not that he may be good in the future. but he looks no different than the other 3

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

We have noone that can get outside. Noone that is a cutback runner. A good running back could make this line appear a lot better. We pass block well usually giving JR plenty of time to see the field. Unfortunately in big games he ...

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I agree. They have a very predictable running lineup. Very little mis-direction. Poor run blocking (though they seem to be good at pass blocking). And very little coaching imagination. Give us Florida's offensive philosophy. With our players we could make that offense sing.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Not so sure.
    ... that offense is based on a QB who can run. If Meyer was at LSU, you'd see RP sharing time with JR.
    Russell, methinks, will be a better pro than a college player. Look at the top ten, how many "thick" (can't scramble, be elusive) QB's do you see?

8. Scoop43

Scoop43 Founding Member

What! You mean Miles has cut Trindon Holliday?

:geauxtige

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Make that Steve Spurrier with our offense.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

as per dandy don... Scott suffered a consussion in practice on wednesday but it was kept under wraps...