Biggest Upset in LSU History?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Mar 23, 2006.

1. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

If the tigers win, would you rate this as the biggest LSU upset ever? I didn't really consider the 03 NC a big upset- I thought we would win. UF 97 might rank up there with it.

http://LSUBASKETBALL.COM

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

possibly....

3. jjbodean1970

jjbodean1970 Founding Member

our 1993 FB win over bammer was a bigger upset in my opinion

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Nah, not even close. We're a 4 seed in this tourney. While it would be a great victory to beat Duke, it wouldn't be all that shocking.

Beating # 2 seed Georgia Tech and #1 seed Kentucky in the 1986 regional semi and final games were much bigger upsets than what will happen tonight. We were an 11 seed back then.

5. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Well considering the fact that we are SEC champs, a 4th seed and three CBS analysts and Sports Illustrated picked us to win, I don't think it will be that much of an upset. Nothing compared to the 03 Florida win in my opinion.

Edit: I meant '97 Florida win. Mix it up with the NC

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Agree

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

This is LSU, there is no such thing as an upset if we win. I repeat we are LSU, we dont upset people, teams upset us...

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Exactly. And beyond that, many people were talking about LSU being able to beat Duke as soon as we were put in the same bracket together.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Not even close to the greatest upset. We're being picked to win by more than one analyst, and this is not one of Duke's better teams. If all odds were stacked against us, we were coming in as an 11 seed, and nobody was picking us to win (in fact picking a blowout by Duke).....then I would consider it one of the greatest upsets if we won.

I can see where you might think this though, being that Duke is THE college team that everyone wants to beat in B-ball.

Personally I like the 97' win over Florida. They were coming off a NC year and ranked #1. I'm sure you would have been hard pressed to find anyone picking LSU to win that game.

10. Frog

Frog Freshman

I wouldn't even call it an upset, although the drama kings at ESPN probably will.