Biggest Upset in LSU History?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Mar 23, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

After I posted that I couldn't remember if we lost to Indiana in the Elite 8......I know it is now but I remember a Syracuse in there somewhere. They lost to Indiana that year in the final game correct?

2. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

We lived in Birmingham, AL at that time but dude, I was all LSU and going crazy.

For some reason, I remember Darryl Joe having a great game at the Horizon Center I think. Was that the 86 year or 87 year? I think that was the 87 year when we beat Georgia Tech correct? I was 15.......those games kinda blend together.

My fav was Nikita Wilson.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That was 87 with Joe, but I can't remember all those games. I remember we beat a pretty good DePaul team with Rod Strickland in the regional semi game. And who can forget the Indiana game with Knight slamming the phone on press row.

Man, I sure would like to see this weekend go down as one of those great memories. Beating Duke and Texas would qualify in my book.

4. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Biggest upset in LSU history was the 1966 Cotton Bowl win over #2 Arkansas, undefeated, riding 22 game win streak. LSU is 7-3, ranked #22 in the nation. Pat Screen hurt most of the season, but played in the Cotton Bowl. The talk around the nation was "LSU was unworthy of a New Years Day bowl bid", they were invited because their fans "travelled well" and Dallas was just looking at money.

LSU D played its azz off, and Joe Labruzzo and Don Schwab ran the ball and controlled the game.

Only time I ever remember a commemorative license plate being made for LSU.

I know you young whippersnappers don't remember such stuff, just Red and me.