Billy Cannon's Grandson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Trey, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Did anyone see Billy Cannon on the Texas HS FB show this weekend ? He was interviewed by the overly obnoxious Rick Renner (Fox Sports SW, I think) as he was watching his grandson, Cannon McWilliams. Cannon is a Jr and is a starting QB at 1A McCamey HS (near San Angelo). From what I saw of the highlights, young Cannon can run like the wind. He appears to be kind of small, but he is tearing up 1A. The highlights were of a victory over Iraan. Billy was extremely proud of his grandson, who is coached by his father.

2. Is he college (i.e. SEC) material?

3. Carface

Carface What the...?

Would be interesting to see another Cannon at LSU. Lord knows our offense could use any help it can get.

4. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

The jury seems to be out on his ability at the major college level. I have seen several sites which proclaim him as "one of the best HS players in TX". He's 5' 10" 175 lbs and runs a 4.4. He was a state finalist in track and golf last year as a sophomore.

5. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

Would be nice to see the number 20 allowed to be used in TS again. I am sure Grandpa will allow him to use his jersey and go back in retirement after he graduates.

6. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

I wouldn't put that kind of pressure on the kid to wear his grandfather's retired number. LSU fans would expect way too much of the kid. I've witnessed Bert Jones' son(Beau) and Joe Ferguson's son(Trey) qb for Ruston the last few years & neither has come close to following in daddy's footsteps, so don't be shocked if this kid doesn't live up to the name. JMO.

Marc

7. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Anybody know how they are related? I thought Cannon only had one daughter (Bunny). She is to young to have a son that old.

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Didn't Billy Cannon punt as well. Wonder if his grandson can punt?

9. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Just curious, but who would make the call on something like? Cannon? LSU?

I figure it would be up to LSU to make the decision. If so, I don't think #20 will ever be used. But I could see Cannon allowing someone from his own family the use of the #20.

I don't know, does anyone know who makes the decisions on this kind of stuff?

10. GORILLA BALL

GORILLA BALL Founding Member

from what i recall he had 2 or 3 daughters and a son Billy Jr.
    i dated Billy Sr.'s niece for a few years in the mid to late 80's.