Billy Gonzales

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Aug 27, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Too often last year, we had to show the pass play because we had no choice. They knew it was coming anyway. That's what happens when you have to come from behind.

Late in the season, our running game was so easy to stop that most teams just did that and dared Jefferson to throw. Again, it put him in the position of obviously relying on the pass, resulting in many sacks from defenses that were wise. But if LSU can field a balanced offense this season then Crowton has an opportunity really mix it up.

Both quarterbacks are older, experienced and hopefully much smarter about SEC defenses. The O-line should be stronger, quicker, and deeper. We are deep in running backs with practically no playing time. Lot's of question marks, for sure, but I think LSU fields a much better team than last year. Veteran quarterbacks and receivers with an improved line and healthy backfield are going to make Crowton a whole lot smarter this year.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

2008, yes. 2009? Not so much. If I'm not mistaken, we had 4th quarter leads last season in every game except UF.

3. clt4lsu

clt4lsu Freshman

Does Anyone think he might be our next O/C ????????

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats what he is here for. I hope he has taught JJ to pick up on his 2nd,, 3rd and 4th options if the primary receiver is covered and to step up into the pocket instead oof just waiting to get sacked. JJ needs to know when to throw the ball away as well as when to throw to who

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

CNS did/does... and BG reminds me of him (except on the other side of the ball of course).

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i don't think he is going to "dumb it down." i think he means he is making the learning process simpler. that is certainly evident with the way he runs his drills.

you said this yourself in a later post in this thread, but we really need balance. that will be the key to this season's offensive success more so than BG.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

So does that mean no more meercat offense? Good riddance.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Thats a great avatar!:geaux:

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

man, i hope so. although, i'm not sure what really could be easier than looking to the sideline for every play. i guess that in those regards it was too easy. :redface:

10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Agreed. Was that the luck of the draw, or was GC text messaging our plays to opposing DC's........It sure seemed that way in a few games, UF, Bama, Penn St.

I hope this year JJ will have better reads at the line(AND TIME ON THE PLAY CLOCK), and hopefully will be able to make the correct adjustments & audible. And as mentioned in another post, not have to call a timeout to get permission on a play change.

I hope the relationship between JJ - RS, TT, RR becomes that of a pick up game on the street like we did as kids. To see that type of chemistry with a group this fast, this smart, and this athletic........LSU football is going to be FUN to watch!!!