Billy Kennedy (SLU coach) was just interviewed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Indiana Tiger, Mar 15, 2005.

1. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Billy is a good guy. I hosted his radio show when he was up here at Centenary. Smartest career move he ever made was getting away from the Nary.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I still, and always will, refer to them as the University of Slow Learners.

3. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

What is really funny about the whole ULL, Louisiana, Louisiana-Lafayette thing is this: All the Gannett papers in Louisiana, with the exception of the Lafayette Advertiser, refer to the school as Louisiana-Lafayette on first reference, then ULL on other references. The Advertiser is the only one that refers to them as Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns. One thing in journalism is consistency in style, that's why there is an AP Style Book, so it's funny how the Gannett Corp. allows the Advertiser to be totally different than the other papers it owns.

Now as far as ULL is concerned, I'm glad to see the Cajuns get in because it only bolsters LSU strength of schedule, especially after the Tigers crushed them earlier in the year. But the main reason I'm glad is for ULL's coach Robert Lee. Robert is a great guy and was a good player at Nicholls. Plus, after having to take over when Glenn Cyprien had the resume guffaw, I was happy to see him have success.

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I'm guessing the anger is rooted in shame that such a school would bear the name of the state in which they reside. Just a hunch...

As for rooting for Louisiana teams come tourney time, I'm completely indifferent. I didn't go to 'em (other than LSU obviously) so they're on par with Pacific, Niagara, or Kansas. OK, not Kansas. Still bitter about the Lester Earl deal. :po::po: And not UNC either (see Lester Earl deal.) :po: So maybe more like Georgia Tech.

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I usually don't pay attention to the tourney much, but I'll be watching this year.

All 3 colleges I've been to (ULL, SLU, now LSU) are in it. That's got to be some kind of record?

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The one I saw when they played on ESPN2 in the Sunbelt tourney had "Louisiana" and the player's number... That really just hurts the school in the long run. Potential recruits from out of the area will think they're playing on a team that has legitimate prominence in Louisiana.... Pshhhhh, dream on! :geauxtige LSU!:lsup:LSU!:lsup:

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Again, that was my point, and the reason for a lot of my anger. Louisiana is simply a word in the name of the school. By that notion, LOUISIANA State University could legitimately put "Louisiana" on their basketball jerseys. I think this would anger a lot of ppl that don't consider LSU the flagship university in the state. I'm starting to feel reluctant to post opinion on this forum. A lot of ppl are quick to jump on someone without first reading the SUBJECT of the particular post. Seriously, I could give a rat's ass about what ULL calls themselves. It's just that fact that they always try to portray themselves as Louisiana's university.