Billy Tauzin, Streetwalker

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Jan 28, 2004.

1. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/28/tauzin.pelosi/index.html

Just after being the House of Representatives lead negotiator for the Drug Prescription Bill, Billy Tauzin will be accepting a job with the drug companies that pays $1 million a year from them.

Bush's lead negotiator on this bill just went to work for law firms in Washington that represent the drug companies.

Anyone who thinks that the Republican Party works for the American people is an idiot. The Republican Party is bought and paid for.

As for Tauzin, he has been the biggest whore in Washington, DC for many years now. He has done nothing for Louisiana. I guess the state didn't pay him enough. He went to the highest bidder from day one.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

he should be forced to take a low paying job. i hate anyone who makes money. up with communism!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And when Nancy Pelosi retires I can look forward to hearing her lovely voice at the McDonalds drive up saying "Can I Supersize that order for you sir?"

4. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

Tauzin must not be married?
    Otherwise he'd follow the lead of Gramm, Harkin and Daschle and let his wife take that job so he can continue ensuring his families income isn't threatened while still in Congress.

5. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Oh Tauzin is married all right. He is married to his second wife--the one he left his first wife for. He was carrying on with her while he was still married to the first one also. But remember he is a Republican, and Republicans can do that. Up with family values.

6. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

He has every right to make money in the private sector. But working to pass a bill that produces a windfall for a certain industry, then leaving Congress to take a job with that industry, just doesn't pass the smell test.

What would you say if Honest Edwin did something like this?

7. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I see.
    Well if a Republican does it then it must not be a value worth keeping.
    A value is only as good as its political advocate.
    I still say he should arrange for that job for his wife, whichever number she is, like Senators Gramm, Harkin, Daschle.
    That way the spouse can work as hard as the elected spouse for the good of the American people.
    And if the political family benefits, apparently so much the better.

8. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

M.O.M, are you a Republican? In all seriousness, what party do you affiliate with?

9. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

Neither do I affiliate with.
    I'm not anti one party or the other either.
    Obviously I'm anti the O'Connor Court because they care about only 2 things: protecting Big Business at all costs and implementing their social agenda, which not coincidentally ties into the laissez faire agenda of Big Business.
    If I align with any political animal, its a Conservative Democrat. A definite dying, if not dead breed. Certainly there are none out there on the national stage, such as running for President.
    The worst political animal, in my opinion, is a Moderate Republican. That usually means they are in favor of screwing the middle class to the benefit of Big Business and in favor of handing over political issues to the Supreme Big Brother.

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Say what you want about Billy...I'll bet he never used her as his own personal humidor. Know what I mean? :D :D :D

So, since when did the left become so concerned with morality, anyway? When DID character start to count to you? You're every bit the self-righteous hypocrite that those you condemn are.