"Birds of a Feather:" The USC/AU Lovefest Continues...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StaceyO, Jun 30, 2004.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I don't get the love fest either.

Before the USC-Auburn game last year I was reading the USC forums. It seemed as if every other post was an anti-Southern insult or put-down. Typical trash about how Auburn fans are racists, dumb, redneck, trailer trash, commit incest and on and on.

It's like battered wife syndrome mixed with "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

They are just showing how good they can be at somethings. Like sucking up.

4. TigerWar

TigerWar Founding Member

Brett...

I too visited the USC boards very frequently before the AU-USC game and I didn't see one post about degrading Auburn and/or the South. I'm not saying that it's not true but I for one didn't come across any. They have always treated us with respect and vice versa.

I also must state that since I've been visiting this board my perception of LSU fans has changed dramatically. I had to see firsthand what all the fuss was about. I have tremendous respect for LSU now that I've witnessed what kind of fans you guys have. However, I still hope Auburn beats the living 5h1t out of LSU. :wink:

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

1st answer you would

2nd answer you should

3rd answer However, aint goin to happen little girl.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Wow, you're right about the "lovefest" thing. It really is quite strange. :confused:

Where does the respect for USC come from among Auburn fans, anyway? Is it respect for their rich football tradition and multiple national titles?

If that's all it takes for an Auburn fan to like/love you, then all those War Damn Eagle types should LOVE (not hate) the folks to the west in Tuscaloosa, right? ;)

7. TigerWar

TigerWar Founding Member

Just when I thought...

LSU fans are classy DeafValleyBatnR comes along. However, I won't let one numbnut change my perception. I understand we've all got fans that lack intelligence.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think it may have something to do with that preseason poster of the macho USC football players all oiled up. It seemed like there were quite a few Auburn fans that were all over the LSU message boards after we crushed them in our house claiming USC was a better team. I would never belittle a fellow SEC opponent like that. Further, I don't think USC is exactly the type of "people" I'd really want to get to know. I'm sure some of them are OK but it's just a different way of living and attitude on life. Seriously, that poster made me question Pete Caroll's leanings, NTTIAWWT.

9. BB

BB Founding Member

Cal will be their toughest conference opponent - what a joke of a conference - try playing your toughest opponent twice Trojans (play the big one on the road) :dis:

It use to blow my mind that this relationship exists between AU and SC, but now it makes me laugh out loud to see and hear the Auburn fans who act like they have no idea about it.

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member