"Birds of a Feather:" The USC/AU Lovefest Continues...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StaceyO, Jun 30, 2004.

1. TigerWar

TigerWar Founding Member

Brett...

Act like you've been there before. Oh, I forgot, you haven't. If you were a football player would you pull out the Sharpie? Geez.

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I visited several USC boards and they were littered with stereotypical Southern insults. I find it hard to beleive you didn't read them.

Ever since LSU won the national championship, a lot of Auburn compliments of USC on their forums have gone hand in hand with a negative remark about LSU. The jealousy couldn't be more obvious. No skin off my back. I take it as a compliment.

As I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

You're right. :thumb:

3. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Exactly who is bashing LSU? I sure as heck am not. But if ya'll are going to take every little thing someone says and turn it into something negative, it is only you who will suffer fron it. Let me say again, I came to the Auburn game in BR last year, had a great time, talked to a couple of guys I met here on the board, and wrote complimentary things about my visit and the LSU fans as a whole on this board and Auburn boards. That is what I hear form most of the Auburn fans I know and talk to. But boy let us say anything negative about LSU, i.e., that so-called 1%, and we get crucified lust like I did yesterday in making a post trying to make no other point than someone else besides Auburn fans (namely Georgia) made similar remarks.
    I fully, totally congratulate LSU for winning the BCS NC. I pulled for ya'll even though I had reason to pull for OU (namely I went there for some graduate studies). But I don't think me or any other non-LSU diehard is going to stay on our knees for a year kissing your rings. After all, a NC is crowned every season and, despite what some of you believe, 2003 is not the first time a NC has been recognized.
    Now flame away, I feel better. :)

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

For crying out loud, stop whining, and be happy w/ that 7-5 mark & Music City Bowl spot CTT is going to lead you to. Nashville is a cool roadie.

5. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

Hahaha, Id have to say that comment right there really hits the nail on the head. :)

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

6. BRETT

Act like we've been here before? That's the point of my post. LSU is back to where it once stood after some very rough years of mediocrity. LSU fans have known for years what this program is capable of and it's finally achieving it's potential.

I'm merely pointing out the obvious. Rival fans of any successful program are always gunning for them. It's part of being on top. I'm trying to give an explanation for all of the lies and bashing we LSU fans read about LSU from so many Auburn fans on so many other forums.

As far as acting like you've been there before you might want to do the same while you're visiting here. I'm very lenient when it comes to rival fans here but don't get into a pissing match with me on my board.

7. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

8. BRETT

9. BB

BB Founding Member

Firstly, I like to have Auburn fans on this board discussing things - IMO it's exactly why a forum of this caliber was started and continues to be a fan favorite. I enjoy the differences in opinion in most cases and I find the discussions that follow to be quite thought-provoking.

IMO, the USC / Auburn fan love fest stinks like Woodstock on day 3. Think about it this way – it’s a pure hypothetical so don’t hyperventilate as you read:

Say Oregon State comes to BR and beats the crap out of LSU in the opener (settle down; remember it’s a hypothetical to make a point). Oregon State fans have a great time in BR, make some friends before the game and fans of both teams develop a respect for each other’s program and University. Auburn gets hot and runs through the SEC like Sherman through Atlanta including a thrashing of LSU at home. Then Auburn marches into Atlanta to play an overrated, over hyped SEC East team with no respect from the national media or anyone else and stomps them into the ground.

The Orange Bowl will feature Big 12 Champs Oklahoma v. SEC Champs Auburn for the National Championship with Pac-10 Champ Oregon State left on the outside looking in. Oregon State, the AP #1, plays the Big 10 Champs and destroys them and exploits how weak and overrated they were all season long. Meanwhile, Auburn punks OU and the Heisman Trophy winner and leaves the entire state of Oklahoma and the rest of the sports media in absolute shock and denial. The NC is split between Auburn and Oregon State…

HOW MANY LSU FANS WOULD BE RUNNING AROUND OREGON STATE WEBSITES CALLING THE BEAVERS “THE REAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS?” MY ANSWER WOULD BE FEW TO NONE.

It pisses a lot of us off that many Auburn fans have so little pride in the conference and so little else to get excited about that they spend a great deal of time and energy French Kissing a Pac 10 team that is located so far West it’s not even on the maps in Auburn University’s Geography classes yet. Where is the respect for the formidable opponent (LSU) who has been lining up in the trenches and going to war with your beloved team for a lifetime? Where is the loyalty to the conference? The SEC isn’t the Big 10 or the Pac 10 – we take pride in the accomplishments of other conference teams because of the positive reputation it gives the entire conference (not to mention the cash it generates). Therein lies the problem – many of us feel that your loyalty should have been to the SEC and the SEC West in particular during a time when many of your fellow War Eagles were (and continue to) snuggle and make pillow talk with US freakin’ C. There can’t be any scenario where you really have a deeper respect for a Pac 10 team over an SEC team. Stop faking it and let’s get back to focusing on the SEC and REAL FOOTBALL...

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Wish and hope in one hand and crap in the other ... let us know which fills first ... that cigar smokin' logo stompin' trash of a head coach of yours has beaten Mr. Saban for the last time ... and you know it ... hope is all you got

... Get the industrial size jar of vaseline ready ... Nick Saban is gonna give Ole Big ears his annual reality check up ... and stomp a new mudhole in Tubby's and AU's azz ... and this year in your backyard :hihi: