"Birds of a Feather:" The USC/AU Lovefest Continues...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StaceyO, Jun 30, 2004.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Interesting choice of words...Auburn fan's behavior on these boards w/
    Trojan fan HAS BEEN rather FRENCH, i.e., weaselly.

2. BloodTypeOandB

BloodTypeOandB Founding Member

It would be a shame to let a well thought out post

go unanswered.

My answer, I don't know, but I can guess.

1. After our games with USC, many of us followed their games and watched them play. If you weren't impressed with them as a team you are kidding yourself. Of course we are going to watch LSU too. It isn't too far of a stretch to think that some AU fans were being completely honest when voicing their opinion that they thought that USC was the better team. Auburn isn't alone in that opinion. I am sure that if you asked every team's fans around the country who they thought the NC was you would have a split answer.... maybe not 50/50, but a split none the less.

2. Do you think that if Bamma was in the same situation as you that we would be proclaiming them as the one and only NC? ( I would, but that would only be because they won the NC game.)
    Nope, and you can guess why. Auburn hates Bama.
    You can draw your own conclusion from that.

3. The SEC isn't the end-all of points to consider when making a decision. Mutual respect and other factors must play a large part in one's preference or decision.
    It is clear that on the heirarchy of respect, we fall short on every one of these criteria except maybe tradition.

Coaching - hate him
    Talent - not worth mentioning
    Fans- whiney-arsed biatches
    Tradition - o.k.
    Sec - Gotta give 'em that.

It is human nature to weigh the response from others and gravitate towards those who provide positive feedback.

Anyway.... it is all subjective. I and many others think you all did what it took to claim the NC. Congrats. Others don't hold that opinion.

BloodTypeORANGEandBLUE

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'll probably regret getting into this pissing contest about Auburn fans, but I'm bored, so here goes:

It seems to me that some LSU posters are doing exactly what they are accusing Auburn fans of doing to us ... lumping a small number of bad fans in with the majority of good fans.

We get upset when Auburn (and other schools) talk poorly about our fans because we know that it's a very small number of LSU fans acting poorly. The vast majority of LSU fans are wonderful host to visitors at Tiger Stadium.

Yes, there are Auburn fans trashing LSU on internet message boards and/or sucking up to USC fans. But the reality is that these Auburn posters make up a very small number of Auburn fans.

Don't judge all fans by the actions of just a few, whether it's tailgating or on the internet....

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The Auburn fan in question who posted on the Trojan board opened up by congratulating them on being national champs. Where was the SEC pride? That's what turns my stomach.

Oh, and I wasn't on the USC board when I saw that thread. It was posted by an inflammatory Trojan fan (who's been invited over here by me, personally, a number of times--because he'd have a new one ripped.) So, I came across the lovefest (er, mutual respect thread) on an LSU board. Why was it there?

5. auforever

auforever Founding Member

USuck?

I for one, being an auburn fan, can't see were all this "lovefest" with usc is going either. I personally don't even like usc just for the fact that they aren't even in our conference. Auburn,LSU,Georgia,Florida,etc...are SEC teams...you should either support all them or none. I truthfully was pulling for LSU in the REAL nc game. I swear I read somewhere that each sec team got like 1 million dollars just because a fellow sec team was there. I just don't understand this sucking up to a pac-10 team or any other non-sec team for that matter. I really hope that ya'll know that not all auburn fans feel that way. Real auburn fans support their team and all fellow sec teams! :thumb:

jmo

wde!

6. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Yes, yes, yes. Finally a breakthrough just when I was about to say "screw it , I give up." Thanks TigerWins for saying exactly what I have been trying so hard to say and doing nothing but getting my ass flamed. Maybe I just need to learn some LSUese so I can express things better. :hihi:

7. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

TigerWins....I shared your post on my Auburn Board (War Eagle Nation) today and suggested it was something we should all reflect on. Thanks again for your insightful post in a sea of trashing.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Thanks, I have my moments ... usually when I'm taking my meds! :grin: