Bitter taste about RP?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Feb 11, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Not as big as Booty was, so you can see how sometimes the lesser recruit wins out in the end.

2. BayouBengalRob

BayouBengalRob Freshman

If I remember correctly Rohan was considered the #2 QB in the nation.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Some info on Ro

He was highly ranked, number 6 by SuperPrep National top 50.

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I personally don't see where what the guy is saying is sour grapes. I think he is right in most of what he said. If RP did indeed intend on going to LSU all along, then he should have said so. I am no Texass fan by any means but I don't think it kosher for a kid to string someone along. As it proved out, this prevented Texas from recruiting another kid who really wanted to go there. Just like Saban, selfish egotistical people make these decisions and act in such a way that they are totally uncaring of how their decisions and actions affect the lives of others. Just like when we throw a stone in the water, our actions have a ripple effect and often innocent people are hurt by them.

RP needs a big dose of humility, and fast! It is one thing to be self assured and confident. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's another to be arrogant and obnoxious, which is what RP is.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Re: Some info on Ro

He completed 72% of his passes? 30 incompletions to 24 TD's? Is this stat correct? That's unreal!

6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I remember Rohan as a big time recruit out of Florida. He picked LSU over West Virginia.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

How's your golf game?

8. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Don't know. Weather's been too bad to play. Yours?

9. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

FYI...Texas and Chris Simms did this to Tennessee several years ago. It happens all the time. It's a dog eat dog world. Texas fans should know this.

Now, about your comments...they are based on a pretty big assumption: That RP knew all along that he was coming to LSU and just strung Texas along. Unless you are RP's brother, please provide a link that comes anywhere near substantiating this. Don't go around disparaging the kid based on an assumption.

As far as the rest of his attitude, it is entirely too early to tell if he is going to be "arrogant" like you say, or confident. The line between the two is very thin, and I don't think many 18 year olds have grasped the difference.

10. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Yeah, Rohan was one of the top rated QB's in the country that year.