......Black and Gold.... The App State thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by APPTiger, Oct 24, 2019.

1. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

https://twitter.com/AppState_FB/status/1307349123474038786
    Game Day love from Bill Murray. BTW I was at App when he came to town. A friend and I snuck a bottle into the game. We saw Bill walking around and offered him a shot. He said about time someone offered him a drink. He took a long swig and then we passed it around. He took one more and then he signed the bottle. My friend still has that bottle.

GiantDuckFan, mctiger, kcal and 5 others like this.
  2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Nice corner catch for APP ST. TD. 76 yard TD called back, knee down. Damn, picked before the half. Hard fought game so far.

Halftime:
    Marshall 10
    APP ST. 7

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

AppState just cant catch a break. That fumble into endzone, damn.

4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Now, that's an interesting 1st down!

5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Damn missed close FG..

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Some tough breaks in a tight game, @APPTiger. Always next week...

APPTiger and TigerTap like this.
  7. APPTiger

On behalf of the football team from Appalachian State I'd like to extend my deepest apologies for the crap you had to see today.
    That was the worst effort I've seen from an App State team in a long time. We were sloppy last week but won anyway. This week we flat out stunk. They beat us in all facets of the game. Our special teams are back to being stress inducing nightmares.
    That is the last thing that got fixed before we went on our 10+ year great run.

It is a little early to panic, but our time may be ending. We lost 2 head coaches in 2 years and they each took about half the staff with them. I am starting to think this new staff isn't up to the job. Our offense is supposed to be deeper, faster and more skilled than it has ever been. I don't see it. The defense was supposed to be rebuilding and outside of the linebacker play has been very solid. We don't lose often but it is almost never because we can't score. We can't score...Time for panic.

8. APPTiger

A great win over the Campbell Camels (1-AA) 52-21. Their last score came against out third team defense. It was a great win because half our team and coaching staff was out on Covid quarantine. We only had one running back and one wide receiver of regulars available. Our QB was able to play.
    We had guys in there that have never played before and a third string linebacker played running.
    I can't believe they decided to play this one but we won.
    https://journalnow.com/sports/colle...cle_2e56ce84-0045-11eb-81cb-4b8cd415cecf.html

https://twitter.com/i/status/1310021620015288321

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]

jebus, you guys won running on fumes, way to hang tough,.. and that's the spirit, App, make the most of it,.. who's up next?

[​IMG]

Bengal B likes this.
  10. APPTiger

Up next is the undefeated Ragin' Cajun Team from Lafayette. Game is a national game on ESPN family (ESPN2 I think) in Boone next Wednesday night. They have never beaten us and this may be their year. We didn't look good before the Covid took away over half of our skill players and they look great. I hope our guys clear quarantine and can practice at least a little before the game. If not we will have linebackers playing running back, a true freshmen tight end playing wide receiver and a couple of other freshman sprinkled around every where else.

GiantDuckFan likes this.