......Black and Gold.... The App State thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by APPTiger, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Had a great stay. Such a beautiful part of the country. We were there probably just a few days before peak fall color, We hiked a lot of trails but stayed away from the most difficult ones for multiple reasons. My wife & I are getting up there in age and living in Houston our not legs are unaccustomed to climbing steep inclines. We hiked trails on Grandfather Mountain, Julian Price Park, Moses Cone Park, and Linville Falls.
    Unfortunately, we did not get to try the Daniel Boone Inn. I was unaware of it. I guess I should have reached out to you before the trip, but given your inability to post, you probably wouldn't have been able to reply anyway. We did find a really good cheap homestyle Italian restaurant (Bella’s).

2. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Glad you enjoyed it. Hard to time the peak, it's a little different every year. Better to be there a little early than late. They go to brown and fall off quickly. Peak down in Asheville is normally 10 days to two weeks later than in Boone, it's lower, further south and warmer. Around Boone, second week of October is usually the best guess. It's pretty in Asheville too but the higher elevation and colder nights normally make more vibrant color around Boone.

Some nice walks where you visited. Also some tough trails if you take them, lol. The chimney trail at Linville Falls is about the toughest I would attempt anymore. The view from up there is great but they call it a moderate hike. I would call it all I got left. Spent a lot of time in Price Park. We used to have to drive to Blowing Rock to get beer, wine or liquor. It was on the way back and a nice stop for a picnic and a cold one. Plus, the creek running through the place kept beer at a perfect temp.

I may have found a post hack by accident. I turned on my VPN and found somehow it was set to Canada. Left it there and came here to read some and found I could post. Going to try that for now.

3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Glad you are back.

4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Congratulations on your team upsetting undefeated James Madison.

5. APPTiger

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  6. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Damn, those hillbillies play round ball too!
    Congrats.

APPTiger likes this.
  7. APPTiger

APPDate - The latest from Boone
    APP beats Miami in the Cure bowl
    App hoops team won 8 in a row
    App Wrestling defeated 19th ranked UNC Tarheels today

8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Miami? Or Miami of Ohio?

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Anyway, congrats on the win. A 9-5 season is respectable. Upsetting Troy had to be the highlight.

furduknfish likes this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

MO but you prob checked already.