Black "Leadership"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Apr 10, 2008.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Why do so many hateful people use the term Reverend before their name? :nope:

Even worse...why do so many people listen to them? I guess they feel they can justify their hate if they do it in the name of the Lord.

Their day will come...:angryfire

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i suppose priest was already taken.

3. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

:rofl:

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Racist. Stereotyping Hyenas like that. You should be ashamed.

5. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

You are right!!! I apologize to all the Hyenas that read or heard about my blatant disregard for their feelings. To rectify this i am going to donate a small sum to "Hyenas understanding humans" or H.U.H. :grin:

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

This post was uncalled for and reflects badly on the board. It is good to have an unfettered conversation, but the title and original post were in poor taste. Stupid internet postings caused Franny to dis Saban, ie get quickly out of control.

I was recently robbed at gunpoint by some black kids. It is causing me to be less trusting of young black folk; you know, prejudiced. I recently looked at the murders that occurred in Baton Rouge last year. Most of the criminal violence occurred in black parts of town and were perpetrated by black males. That can't just be forgotten and it shouldn't be ignored.

That said, I believe society owns a lot of the blame. Every man is responsible for himself, but growing up in the conditions that exist in the hood is hard. How can we allow our fellow humans to live in those conditions, especially those of us who go to church and have faith?

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Im definitely sorry to hear about that, i hope you are ok as far as your safety. You are right alot of violent crimes do happen in black neighborhoods and that is sad.

Only so much can be blamed on society, it comes down to parenting and home traning. You can live in the hood (which my neighborhood growing up wasnt a delight) but as an individual you can make the choice of doing better for yourself and getting an education and becoming a productive citizen. Although, I had my father in my life and grew up for the most part of my life in a 2 parent home. By saying that alot of these kids dont learn how to be a man growing up with no example around, however, common sense would tell you that thug and gang life is a dead end, no matter how many drugs you sale, how many cars you buy, and jewlery you have.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

There is no doubt we all have personal accountability, but people have a responsibility for taking responsibility for their society as well. We are one people and should take care of one another as much as we can. Growing up anywhere without a role model (or an overworked single parent) makes one more susceptible to the many traps of life. Its just more palpable in the hood. During at least one point in my life I could have gone the wrong way. I was lucky to be exposed to peers with their heads on straight (for the most part).

PS - Thanks. No one was hurt.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Yea but in the era of individualism, who believes in taking care of the community anymore, I moved into a neighborhood last year, I have met exactly 1 neighbor since we have been there. People just dont give a crap anymore, its all about getting it yourself these days. Is it wrong yes, it adds to the decay of society

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well you would have met me if we lived in the same neighborhood. My grill is always fired up, the keg-o-rator is always plugged in and all are welcome. If you didn't walk over on your own, I'd have come and got you. :thumb:

1 person likes this.