Black "Leadership"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Apr 10, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

lol, thanks I kinda figured that being the guy that you are:thumb:
    Hell, thats what Im trying to say. I had ribs and burgers on the grill this weekend, backyard gate was open, the pool was blue as the sky and the cooler was full of MGD, HighLife, and Corona (not advertising mods) and only my friends came over, I invited a few neighbors none of which showed up.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

We just wouldn't be able to talk polotics :grin:

3. LSUMASTERMIND

Yes we could, you are civil and open minded, whether you want to believe it or not.:wave:

we could damn sure talk football and golf.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

What was wrong with the original post? Is it against the rules to point out that a former civil rights activist was violating his own daughters "civil rights" for the last fifteen years? Was it wrong to point out that this "Man of God" had, at least, 14 children from several different women?

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

thread and title = different issues.

black implies plural, obviously.

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

What is there to defend? You feel that I'm a racist because of the title of a thread. So what...who cares? You're entitled to your opinion. I don't have to defend mine.

Oh, but I could. Very easily, but what would that accomplish?

Just a "crime"? He ruined a young girls life. He fathered many children, and probably doesn't support them in any way. I'm sure he was a role model for a lot of people....and I wonder how they feel now? The scum bag has done more than commit a crime.

Nope. I never said that. I even provided you with an example of a black person who I personally admire a great deal.....acutally two if you count Chris Rock.

You're right here. I meant for there to be racial implications. Why shy away from them. They're not just in my thread, and title, but in the original news article itself.

And I with you.

I've never dodged a question on here...ask red. The thread is what it is....just a thread about a black, former civil rights activist, that molested his daughter. It's one of the most ironic things I've ever read. A civil rights guy, preacher man, violating the civil rights of his own daughter, and doing it in the name of morality. Go figure.

You won't believe this MASTERMIND, but if you and I lived next to each other, we'd probably be good friends. Go ahead, say it...BS! No way you racist bastard! But, trust me, you'd like me if you met me. I'm just a likable guy. :grin:

I gotta go now. Since I found out that I'm a racist, I have to go burn my new Gucci Mane, Ice Cube, and Lil' Boosie Cd's. I guess I'll have to start bumping country music now. :bncry:

7. LSUMASTERMIND

That still doesnt make the title of the thread right, we dont have to shy away from racial discussion at all. However, dont single out one person and put up a front like it represents all black leadership, thats the problem I have with it.
    Oh and thats my stereotyping, I dont even have those gd cds, I like Ice Cube, but the rest is really not my taste in music. I listen to alot of conscience rap, Common, Kanye West, Eryka Badu and Talib Kweli.
    But its all good:thumb:

We probably could be friends, i have no doubt about that, because Im just that type of person, I have friends of all races and great friends at that. You could be a card carrying conservative republican, but there is always something we can connect and identify with.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

There is no doubt what the dude did was wrong. It just came off like you were saying what this dude did is what we should expect from so-called "leadership" when that leader happens to be black. I'm not going to call you racist, just the way this came off was racist.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I judge a man on how well he thinks and how effectively he argues and Salty and Massa both pass this test. I have two comments:

1. Saltyone's thread was definitely racially provocative. But . . . this is FSA and the more provocative the better as far as getting a thread rolling. Remember martin? He was wrong a lot and offensive to many but he kept things interesting here. Is saltyone a racist? Maybe. His title was inappropriate, for sure.

2. MASTERMIND's response was a bit disappointing, too. One of the things that makes white people averse to discussing race with black people is that at some point they say something that the black person disagrees with and they get called a racist . . . and then the discussion is over. To paraphrase Richard Pryor, "Now he's said it. Now I'm not a man anymore, I'm a racist".

MASTERMIND, to his great credit, has not done this before. I have been bluntly honest with him and have not been called a racist yet. We can still discuss the issue.

It is important for everyone to be open-minded on the topic. The "R-word" can be just as offensive as the "N-word", when it is applied to someone directly.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

Thats because I dont believe at all that you are a racist, never have. I dont level that kind of label just to pull the race card. Whether people believe that or not, all black people dont play the race card just to play it. If I have called someone racist on this board, I honestly believe that they are and have said something to offend me. I have disagreed with you Red before, but I dont think you are a racist.

I can usually tell who is and who isnt, according to their post and views.