Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Aug 14, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well of course they do, all lives matter. While I understand the ground floor of the movement, the message is crystal clear, I think they are going about it the wrong way.

That said, the GOP candidate that realizes this is a golden ticket and makes nice with them will be a very dangerous and serious contender. The question is will any of them get it? Trump doesn't, Jeb handled them so-so but could have done better.

We shall see

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No Republican is going to win the black vote. When these idiots start taking over the stage at rallys for a candidate who should be favorable to them they aren't helping to draw sensible black voters to their cause either. That guy who apologized for saying All Lives Matter is a pussy.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I don't know what to make of this movement yet. For some people attaining justice isn't enough and I am hopeful that this is not the case with this movement. However, if you go to their web site and read their mission statement it sounds a lot like a group who are asking not for justice, but for favors. If so, I have a problem with that and I can't get behind it. I believed that this started because of the cases of police brutality against people of color but now it seems to have taken on a different life; something like "it's not enough to have justice in these cases," which the victims and their families no doubt deserve, "we want you to go past justice and agree that we are now entitled to something more than justice." At a time when both major parties are starting to gel around the need for reform of sentencing, prison vs. rehab for drug offenders, etc. in a serious way, I don't see how this movement is helping matters by interrupting people like Bernie Sanders who are life long civil rights activists. Anger toward those who have committed these atrocities against people of color is one thing but blind rage toward anyone in leadership is ignorant.

Winston1 and KyleK like this.
  4. shane0911

I agree with everything you said here, and why I said I think they are going about it the wrong way.

What you have to remember is people are stupid, don't promise them anything but hope and change, get them on your side and its a big factor.

I'm not saying don't do anything to try and fix the problems, that is a must but the discussion would be above the core of this groups head. Like you pointed out they want more.

5. Tiger in NC

Yeah, the basic premise of what they are protesting: discrimination by police toward people of color, needs to be addressed where it is a problem. I don't think anyone would disagree that there are pockets where this problem is worse than others. So they have a cause that all reasonable people can agree with and support but their methods of going about it will kill interest from people like me and ultimately doom their movement imo.

Winston1, red55 and Bengal B like this.
  6. shane0911

But will it? I mean I get it like I said, but if you try to quiet them or stand up to them regardless of your intent you will be painted as saying black Lives don't matter. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm against disrespectful treatment by police toward people of any color. These people may have had a good point when they formed their group but in a short time they have gone way overboard. I can't imagine getting offended by somebody saying that all lives matter. Taking over the stage of a candidate who has done more for civil rights than any other candidate it pretty stupid too.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

9. Tiger in NC

This is how well intended movements lose steam and fizzle out.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Carson has a shot. I'd have to think go good bit of blacks would vote for him solely on the color of his skin, the same as some whites would not vote for him simply because of the color of his skin, sadly.