Blanco booed?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by lsu99, Jan 7, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i think booing her is fantastic and i think its great that politicians get booed when they show up at sporting events and have themselves announced.

i dont think its embarassing for the state at all. if she looked hurt, too bad for her. being governor will be a job where lots and lots of people hate you, 100% of the time. she should have thought of that before she started grandstanding around and having her name announced.

2. DValley

DValley Founding Member

The AP just called, they want Jindal in the governor's mansion

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I think its uncalled for to have any of them introduced at a sporting event like this just because of the differences of opinions. We all know who they are. We came to watch a national championship FOOTBALL GAME.

4. MiketheTiger

MiketheTiger Founding Member

Also, keep in mind, she won by no more than a few percentage points. So, half the people didn't vote for her. If they are willing to pimp themselves at a ballgame, they should take the flack with it.

This reminds me of the time about 5 years ago when David Letterman flew his whole audience from New Orleans to New York for one of his shows. I was one of the lucky ones to go. The show was all about New Orleans. The guests were Richard Simmons, John Goodmand and a Zydeco band. But, to get to the point, at one time in the show, to everyone's surprise, they brought out Mayor Morial and he got a resounding reception of boos from the crowd, myself included. It was totally hilarious. You should have seen the look on his face. These politicians have got to realize that if they win a close race that half of the people didn't vote for them and these voters will show there discust when the politicians pimp themselves out on national TV just for the exposure.

5. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Blanco is a conservative herself, but it is a sign of the times just how polarized our politics have become when she is not nearly right wing enough for the right wing kooks who have come to dominate the Republican Party.

Jindal did not offer his help to her at his "concession" speech and he was very bitter and had no graciousness in him.

It is bush league to boo her, but consider that was the Rush Limbaugh crowd doing it. It figures.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Liberal Alert Liberal Alert !!! WOoop Woooop Wooop.
    Anyone who thinks Blanco and Conservative should be in the same paragraph must be a liberal.....
    I live in Texas now, so I dont get to vote in Louisiana anymore. However even I know she is Edwards with a Bra....

[​IMG]

7. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Right wing shittohead alert!!!

Anyone who thinks Blanco is a liberal must be to the right on Heinrich Himmler.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I like how the left get to insults like SHit head and Nazi references...
    Its amazing.
    When the facts don't support your theories, label your opponents. By calling them "racist", "sexist", "homophobic", etc, you put the impetus on them to defend their reputation and that saves you from having to back up your suppositions with proof. Why debate honorably when you can slander without accountability?

9. Hachidan

Hachidan Freshman

At least she cares enough about LSU to attend the National Championship game (unlike the the our previous Republican governor).

10. Hachidan

Hachidan Freshman

I understand that George W. Bush has invited Petey & his Trojans to the White House so he can congatulate them on winning the "National Championship".