Blanco ducking debates so far....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by ikoikoiko, Oct 12, 2003.

1. ikoikoiko

ikoikoiko Founding Member

Jindal has agreed to up to ten meetings on a variety of dates while, a week after primaries, Blanco's people say they are "working" on dates.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Jindal would blast Blanco. I am not saying that because I am for Jindal, but I say that becuase Jindal is a brilliant cat and would obliterate her in a debate...

3. JD

JD Founding Member

This kind of posturing happens in every campaign - just wait until the debating issue arises for the presidential campaign - debating is Jindal's strength - no point in giving in completely or this early.

4. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

Of course he would. Why do you think she's still "working on dates?" ;)

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

There will definitely be at least one debate. I don't think Jindal will tear Blanco apart in a debate, but he will challenge Blanco to campaign on something more than "I increased tourism revenue as Lt. Governor." That will not cut it in a state that has as many problems as Louisiana.

6. JD

JD Founding Member

There will be 3-5 debates. 10 debates is ridiculous.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Blanco was smart about it she would agree to one major debate about 2 or 3 days before the election. Enough to convince some voters she is not ducking Jindal but too close to election day for Jindal to have enough time to exploit the fact that he murdered her. Either way Louisiana has already won because Jindal may or may not turn out to be a great governor but he will at worst do more good than harm and if Blanco wins she will be at best a mediocre governor but she is not likely to do much harm. It could have been a lot worse. What if the choices were between Buddy Leach and Richard Ieyoub?

8. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Last night came out fairly even. Blanco performed better than usual, and Jindal performed worse than usual--stumbling a few times and rattling off too many figures too fast a couple of times. I think Jindal will win the debates overall.

The funny thing last night is I kept thinking SNL would have a field day with Jindal & Blanco.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know of any Indian owned companies looking to relocate to Louisiana or anywhere else in the USA but I do know of a number of businesses that have outsourced their IT stuff and programming to India. About 3 years ago I needed a custom software program written. I have a small business and I don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars to throw away for that sort of thing. Not being a techie myself I hired a 21 year old American kid who was able to impress me with his technical capabilites. After 6 months of him dragging his ass, lying to me and him conning his friends into writing code that he didn't know how to write himself I fired him after the project was no closer to completion than the day I hired him and I had paid him over $30,000. A friend of mine put me in touch with an Indian programmer who he had supervised along with a lot of others when they were brought over here to work on a project for the big corporation my friend worked for at the time. The guy had already gone back to India, didn't speak English too well but he got my software project completed to perfection in less than 3 weeks at a cost to me of $1200 and he still provides support and upgrades for $100 a month. Is it any wonder that Americans are losing jobs to offshore sources?

10. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Jindal is hardly progressive. School vouchers are an idiotic idea. They are impractical and are too expensive to be put into effect anyway. They won't work.

Luckily, they may hurt him with white areas, since many white suburbanites moved to the suburbs so their kids would not have to go to school with minorities to start with. Wait until they realize Jindal wants to bus inner city blacks out to the suburban schools. lol

Jindal is just another right wing nut. He does not even believe abortion should be allowed to save the life of the mother.

He is 32 years old, is immature, has apparently got an hugely inflated ego--claims he has solved all sorts of problems and hasn't solved one, and no one is going to pay any attention to this kid if he wins.

Mike Foster thinks he will be able to pull Jindal's strings and still run the state if he can get him elected. He is probably right because Jindal will be largely ignored by the powers to be in this state.