Blanco supporters

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DarkHornet, Nov 17, 2003.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Now that I've had a day and a half to cool off about the election, I would like to hear from Blanco supporters why she will be good from Louisiana.

What will she do for the state to bring us up from where we are?

What will she do to bring new jobs to the state?

I really want to be proven wrong, because I don't want to have to move to find a job. I'm just concerned that's the only option I have left now that Jindal's ideas will not be given a chance. So if Blanco is so great for the state, please inform me as to why?

2. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

That's an easy one!

Fight on, Cajuns, fight on to victory,
    For the Red and White.
    We will sing of triumph and glory,
    For our team tonight.
    You will hear the rage of the Cajuns,
    So let's give a yell!
    Hustle up and bustle up
    And fight on to victory, U-of-L!

3. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

Dark Hornet,

Being from Franklin, Mike Foster's hometown, perhaps you can enlighten me as to what, if anything, Foster did during his 8 years as Governor of Louisiana? Granted, he may not be the cause for all that is wrong in the state, but please do tell what has he done in 8 years to make it better.

After all, it was Jindal's association w/ Foster that made me vote for Blanco. IMO, anything non-Foster, including Blanco, is better.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Despite being from Franklin, I am not a Foster supporter. He didn't do much of anything during his term (good or bad). Why do you naturally assume I am for him?

I supported Jindal because he's bright, has great ideas, and also came right out and said what he wanted to do. He was not vague in what his plans was. The impression I got anytime Blanco was posed with an issue was "We will do it."

Now I come here asking Blanco supporters what she will do for the state, and the best you can come up with is "anythings better than Foster?" Give me a freaking break.

Surely the majority of Louisiana wouldn't elect someone who has no plan over someone with one, right?

5. JD

JD Founding Member

Look at their websites - similar plans. Both with a lack of specificity. The difference is that jindal had the rep of "new ideas" and campaigned on the fact that he had them (without offering much in the way of specifics).

Foster did some good things in higher ed, fwiw.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He kill some duck.