BLM

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Apr 15, 2014.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

No not at all. He sucked of of the govt's teet way too long. He lost his battle in court years ago. What makes this country what it is is respect for the law. He can't just say I don't recognize the federal govt.

Even if he was the best leasee, the govt. needs him to leave now so they can get on with their plans. This is coming to a head now because of this solar thing.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Oh, and his family has used that land, for over a hunderd years, to graze their cattle because the original inhabitants were removed. What comes around does go around.

LSUMASTERMIND and red55 like this.
  3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

It should be a states issue instead of a bunch of Washington bureaucrats.
    It's public land so let the public use it.
    I don't see why the Feds should even be involved in a piece
    Of dessert land
    In the middle of Nevada anyway. They fuck up enough shit as it is.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It is federal land. The state has nothing to do with it.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Removed by the feds of course. :oops:

6. gyver

The way I look at it is the federal govt is only as strong as the citizens of each state allows them to be. It's time each state reigns in their representatives and the citizens tighten their asses up. These politicians need to be reminded who they work for.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That was settled in 1865. The feds never ceded ownership of much of the western land to the states.

I agree it is up to citizens (all of us) to demand more of our representatives and they need to be reminded who their bosses are. However it isn't up to individuals to decide what laws to respect or what part of the constitution suits them. It doesn't matter if you are left or right we all have to remember we are part of a whole and a representative form of government is the key to our success as a country.

LSUMASTERMIND and red55 like this.
  8. gyver

Our politicians have no problem breaking laws that they've passed. And they have no problem passing, ignoring, and bending laws to benefit themselves at the expense of private citizens as long as it's beneficial to them.
    The only difference is thy politicians get little, if any, punishment. We, on the.other hand, suffer the full extent of the law.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    LSUDad and LSUpride123 like this.
  9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

It is not the simple. Bundy is not compliant with any open grazing law. His claims are wholly without merit. The lands his cattle graze on were federal lands obtained from Mexico. The entire Nevada teritory was Federal land before the state of Nevada existed. The lands were subject to the homestead act, though no one in Bundy's family ever attempted to claim them. Not only that, he is occupying thousands of acres, far beyond what the homestead act allows. The guy is a tax cheat in a long line of tax cheats.

red55 and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I'm not disputing the fact he owes and should pay the $1M or so he owes, my main issue is the way the BLM came in and tried to collect. There have been many discussions and options given for getting the money owed... armed tactical teams, snipers, and helicopters don't seem fitting for the scenario.

Also, telling people they can not express their 1st Amendment rights, whether right or wrong, unless you're in a 1st Amendment "area" limited to 25 people at a time is also over stepping authority and stomping on citizens constitutional rights.

I also think Reids connection to a solar deal with the chinese is a little shady.

gyver likes this.