Blue Bell Ice Cream

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUDad, Jul 9, 2015.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Are you suggesting you've never bought Blue Bell?

(realizing you say you don't like sweets)

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

of course i have. women like desserts. and i like it once i buy it if its ice cream. i just dont think about it. the other day i did have a baskin robbins banana split fly off the seat and explode at my feet which was not for me, mind you. Had to fucking pull over shake out the car mat, empty my gd shoe and wipe off my leg.

then go back and order a-fn-nother one.

although i was laughing my ass off, i played the pissed off card initially. was hoping an h20 auto spa gift card was in my future but no luck.

GregLSU and LSUDad like this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I hate bananas, but funny story. And of course, there was no giftcard for you!

LSUDad likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The market is quick to take advantage. The Blue Bell ice cream cooler at Calandros is filled with brands like Blue Bunny, Blue Moon, and Cow Belle ice cream

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Since Blue Bell has been out, I've tried a number, can't wait for the return of Blue Bell. HEB has to be one of the worst, followed close by Blue Bunny. How can people buy this stuff. Breyers, is ok, but being back Blue Bell.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I would buy a box of banana fudge bars through my place of employment. 30 for 8 bucks.
    Love these babies.
    [​IMG]

Would also get a box of chocolate fudge ones for my girls.

When I first ordered I was confused because I thought "fudge" was "chocolate".

LSUDad likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe the fudge packer put in the wrong flavor.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I don't feel like looking it up, but I read a little while ago that some Texas billionaire made a significant investment in BB today to get them up and running by the end of the year.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The things I do..........yep I saw this........guess I should have posted.......

Fort Worth billionaire Sid Bass has made a major investment in Blue Bell. See where the legendary Bass family ranks among Texas' richest clans.

Texans who miss their iconic summer treat may have Fort Worth oil billionaire Sid Bass to thank when Blue Bell returns to store shelves.

Bass made a "significant" investment in the company, Blue Bell announced Tuesday.

"The additional capital will ensure the successful return of our ice cream to the market and our loyal customers," CEO Paul Kruse said in a prepared statement.

The company halted production in April after an outbreak of listeriosis that officials linked to bacteria in Blue Bell. The Centers for Disease Control connected 10 illnesses in four states to the outbreak, including three deaths of hospital patients who were already ill before they ate the ice cream. Blue Bell later laid off or furloughed about 75 percent of its workforce.

The company would not discuss the scope of the investment or what percentage of the business Bass owns.

"The Kruse family and all of our investors, including Mr. Bass, are committed to preserving the family values and traditions that have guided us over the past 108 years," spokeswoman Jenny Van Dorf said in an email.

Bass called Blue Bell "a quality leader in the ice cream industry," according to the company's statement. "We believe quality is the principle attribute that ensures the success, growth and longevity of a business," he said.

Bass' contribution also is an investment in Brenham, a town reeling from a series of industrial closures and downsizing. Even the city budget was affected because Blue Bell is the largest utility customer.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

In the same Tx town of Brenham, another good product is made...My wife was working out at Curves, she kept talking with a girl just about every trip, her family owns this company.........Briannas is located on S. Blue Bell, Rd. in Brenham.

http://www.briannassaladdressing.com/