BlueBell = crack

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by goldengirlfan, Jul 20, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I went to dinner at a friends house last night and after the meal she brought out the ice cream machine and made homemade vanilla ice cream and a small batch of lemon ice cream.

No store-bought ice cream can compare if you use good ingredients and make it yourself.

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

No doubt about it. About 6 weeks ago, I went to the store and bought all ingredients to make up some homemade. Wasn't cheap either. Half way done, my ice cream freezer crashed. I haven't felt grief so severe since Tammy Wynette died. :hihi:

3. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

BlueBell is crack, especially when they bring it to your door step on dry-ice! Much better than the old milk man.

4. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

never to miss out on a chance to help my fellow man increase the size of their pants - here's my thoughts:

MARBLE SLAB CREAMERY - (slab for short) - get the creammy vanilla with the heath bar mixed in - solid

5. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

speaking of bluebell, i picked up a half gallon of a flavor i've never seen before until today at the grocery, it's called anniversary cake.. it's in a blue container with a gold rim.

holy chit this stuff is good....

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

me and my better half have been on an ice cream kick lately.

bluebell has a chocolate covered strawberry flavor that she likes and i'm a big pralines and cream fan as well as cookie dough. the bananna pudding is excellent.

ben and jerry's has a creme brule (sp?) flavor that's pretty freakin good.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

My favorite is still the Homemade Vanilla.

8. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

I love Mr. Gattis. THAT is my crack.

I dont like Bluebell too much (waits for a Texas native to load a shotgut and aim it at my head). Okay, coast is clear, I just dont think it's the best ice cream out there. I'm a big Gelato fan and am lucky/unlucky enough to be close to an Italian grocery that makes it fresh everyday.

I do like the Bluebell commercials. Once their was a cow who could sing...

9. Luv4LSU

Luv4LSU Founding Member

OK, last night after the wife made chicken spaghetti. I got a king size snicker bar, put it in the frig. Took out the Blue Belle homemade vanilla and put crumbs of the snickers on the top. Pumped a little Hershey's chocolate syrup with the aerosol whip topping!

DAMN! ...we made sweet love that night!:D

1 person likes this.