Boat Ownership

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Bengal B, Aug 2, 2015.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I've pretty much always had a boat. Can't see myself ever not having one. Right now I have a 19' ski boat and a 14' bateau. I really don't ever have to put much money into them. Of course, I do most of my own maintenance too.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I've thought of getting a boat, my Dad always had one, he was born and raised on Bayou Plaquemine. At my place down in Pierre Part, everyone I fish with has boats. Everyone I fish with tells me if I fish with them, we are going in their boat.
    I always pay more than my share, bring as much drinks as my chest will hold, and food. Pay for breakfast, etc.
    Most call to find when I'll be down again.

One of my friends called a couple days ago asking when I'll be back down. Water is starting to fall, so might get a few fish. He was saying that he was cutting his grass at his camp, hit the gas, instead of the brake, into Belle River his mower went.

I've loaned my place to a few people that I know well, I never take money, just ask to clean up, wash everything, bed sheets, towels, dishes, etc.

I have a large oak tree over the water, can sit in a chair, and catch fish most days, right there.

It's three BR, three full baths, a boat port large enough for a 20ft on trailer. I'm thinking of selling, living in Tx, we don't get to use it as much.

Been looking around here in the outskirts of Houston, about an hour drive.

I have never owned a boat, but if I buy a place in Tx, might be time for one.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

With what you got in Pierre Part why wouldn't you sell your place in Texas and live in the camp?

KyleK likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Family is in Tx now. Not much of my family is in La. now. I like having a few places, trying to stay one step ahead of the law.;)

Bengal B likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Dam. Sounds like a nice setup.

LSUDad likes this.