Bob Griese says Saints should lose a game.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 16, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I always thought he might be a closet moron. Now he has spoken and removed all doubt.

What a bitter old fart.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Pretty stupid thing to say. Here's another view from Michael Wilbon in today's Washington Post:

washingtonpost.com

Saintslogo

:geauxtige

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

On his weekly radio show on KNBR tonight Steve Young said he thought that it wouldn't be as big of a deal if the Colts lost a game becasue they are Super Bowl tested.

He thought that the Saints should keep the pedal to the metal, as they are not an experienced playoff team like the Colts.

He also added that he thought Brees is the front runner for the MVP, also said he was a real nice guy, community supportive, a great humanitarian.

C'mon Super Bob, you're just all those other Fins that don't wanna see that record fall. :rolleye33:

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm just not that enamored with 16-0, because I don't see it as its own reward. NFL history will treat the Patriots 16-0 as if it has an asterick, because they didn't finish it by winning the Super Bowl. Now I get what Michael Irvin is saying, and it made more sense after hearing him expand on the idea on PTI this afternoon. After all, there's a Super Bowl champion crowned every year, but perfection is very rare. He's entitled to his opinion, and of course it holds infinitely more weight than mine. My opinion is, if you don't back up perfection with a championship, what's the point?

6. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

16-0 without a Superbowl is a great regular season followed by a disappointment. No matter how you look at it, it's still an undefeated regular season. But it will be a much greater accomplishment with the Superbowl win to top it off.

When the Saints go 19-0 after winning the Superbowl this season, does that mean that the '72 Dolphins accomplishment ain't jack because they didn't win as many games in their undefeated championship season? Seeing as they are a bunch of old haters who always have their pathetic little parties to pull against teams who are trying to go undefeated, I think theirs should be taken from the record books or have an asterisk dropped on it. They only played 14 regular season games and they didn't have wildcard teams included in the playoffs.

7. LaSalleAve

Their season will be looked at as a footnote.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Considering that it has only been done, in the regular season, a couple of times, I think that it is still a huge accomplishment. Although finishing it is the best. I am more interested in shutting Morris up than anything with the perfect seasons stuff, but if the Saints don't finish this thing off with a SB victory it won't mean much to anyone.

9. LaSalleAve

how sweet would it be for the biggest joke of an NFL franchise of all times to do something that only 1 other team has done? Saints fans and the city of New Orleans deserve an undefeated season and Super Bowl victory.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Agree that its huge, but think about it....doesn't the Patriots' run seem kind of hollow now?

I think a Saints 19-0 tops the Dolphins (or for that matter, so would a 19-0 Colts). Free agency and the salary cap have created much more parity in the league than there was in '72. And of course, these days you have to be perfect for 2 additional games.