Bob Knight hero to ZeroU (OU)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MiketheTiger69, Feb 13, 2004.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Bob Knight hero to ZeroU (OU)-Tramel cheap shot!

In todays column, Berry Tramel writes, "After their Sugar Bowl experience, OU fans should adopt Mr. Bob Knight as a folk hero.
    In the 1981 Final four in Philadelphia, Indiana played LSU , and Cajuns were all over the Indiana hotel the morning of the game, nagging the Hoosiers with chants of "Tiger bait."
    Sound familiar? As anyone who was in NO over New Year's will testify, that LSU crap will make you nuts. Anyway, Indiana beat LSU and back in the hotel, an LSU fan said, "Congratulations." Knight responded, "Well, we weren't really Tiger bait after all, were we?"
    The fan started calling Knight an obscenity. Knight confronted him and the guy repeated the obscenity and the burly Knight tossed the fan against the wall.
    The next day, a Philadelphia headline said, "Knight trades shoves, insults with LSU fanl"
    "Wrong", Knight said, "We didn't trade shoves. I did all the shoving. We didn't trade insults. He did all the insulting."
    Funny stuff, and an Okie salute to Knight for shutting up some of that Tiger bait.

I emailed him telling him what a pathetic thing that was to put in his column. I told him he was just like the typical ZeroU fan, could dish it out but not take it.
    Anybody else want to mail him his address is [email protected]. Flood his box with Tiger Bait!!!!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

2. Rhino

Rhino Freshman

OU doesn't claim Tramel.

And everyone in the Big 12 - across the board - has a general hate for Knight.

Texas Tech's administrators need to grow spines. Or maybe even a collective spine.

3. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

This really didn't have anything to do with Knight in particular. What it was about was the fact that Tramel had to put something like this in his column.
    These Okies just can't get over the fact that a "bunch of backwoods, possum eating swamprats" (that's what one of 'em said to me) beat their wonder boys for the NC.
    It was just a cheap shot on Tramel's part to put that in his column.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Centuries will pass, Civilizations will rise and fall . . . but History will always record that on 4 January 2004, LSU smited Okie-la-homa in the SuperDome in New Orleans to win the Sugar Bowl and the National Championship.

21 to 14.

Nothing can change that.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I been waiting for years to see someone smack the f...k out of Bob Knight. Cant believe it aint happened yet. He gets more whacked with age.

AS FOR YOU BOOMERS THAT VISIT THIS BOARD, JUST REMEMBER ONE THING YOU SORE LOSER PU$$IES: