Bobby Jindal just got my vote for Governor...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Oct 4, 2003.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I also voted locally for Mike Grimmer-former mayor of Walker, Louisiana-to replace the corrupt redneck we've had in office for 8 years as Parish President, aka-Dewey Ratcliffe.

I voted for Noel Hammat for local BESE Board, and J.L. Shilling to return to the Livingston Parish Council to represent me.

I also voted for a local bond issue to renovate, rebuild, and make additions and create new libraries in Livingston Parish.

I voted for Durwin Walker for local coroner, Willie Graves for local sherrif, Suzanne Haik Terrell for Atty. General, Don Johnson for Agriculture Commissioner, Dan Kyle for Insurance Commissioner, W. Fox McKeithen for Secretary Of State, and Clyde Holloway for Lieutenant Governor.

As for the Amendments, I voted for all but 9, 10, 13, and 14.

Our local Louisiana Legislature Representatives and Senators ran unopposed. Dale Erdey and Huelette "Clo" Fontenot will return to Office via the fact no one ran against them.

Is anyone else willing to talk about who they voted for and why? I think it will spur some interesting conversations...

2. JD

JD Founding Member

I've never voted for so many republicans in my life - a judge, state representative, insurance commish, agricultural commish (and I know exactly nothing about the guy). I drew the line at AG - couldn't vote for Terrel - her campaign last year was untenable and even this year she threw the mud again.

Voted for Ewing, changing my mind during my walk to the polls

3. SEN

SEN Founding Member

Voted:

Ewing
    Landrieu
    Foti
    wooley
    --obstained from agriculture commish--

amendments:
    voted for all but 4.

Parish wide:
    I voted to not allow the New Oeans fair grounds to install slot machines. They are currently in Ch. 11 bankruptcy court. I believe the state or city should petition the federal government to make this, the oldest horse track in the south, a national historic landmark before it's sold in bankruptcy court. the current owner's poor business sense and inability to make it into a profitable business establishment is his own fault and he shouldn't push the citizens of Orleans Parish into starting a precident of legal gambling in any business that's failing.