Bobby Williams - Cool SI Article on LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Apr 15, 2004.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

If this has been posted let me know and I will delete it.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/stewart_mandel/04/14/mandel.lsu/index.html

I love this statement.
    . "My first function was the LSU recruiting bash [in February], where we announced the players we signed," said Williams. "There were over 5,000 people there. I'd never had anything like that in the Big Ten. I'd never even heard of anything like that."

Fanaticism isn't the only difference in the South. "The food is awesome," Williams said of Louisiana's famed Cajun cuisine.

2. That was a cool article, kinda makes you wonder why he was fired from the pros. I know he has to be a good assistant though because Nick has been real excited about him coming in. Probably (hopefully) a very good hire.

3. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

It's a very nice article. Bobby Williams must be please with the receivers corp. Florida offense also looks very good.

Thanks.

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Met him at the Bash

... in the chow line ... he looked like a kid in a candy store.

He looked genuinely excited to be an LSU Tiger. NFL experience doesn't hurt one damn bit in recruiting.

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Charles Rogers - 2003
    Herb Haygood - 2002
    Gari Scott - 2000
    Plaxico Burress - 2000
    Nigea Carter - 1997
    Derrick Mason - 1997
    Muhsin Muhammad - 1996
    Courtney Hawkins - 1992

There's a list of wide receivers who Bobby Williams coached and were drafted in the NFL. I'm glad we have him on our side now!

6. Eauxkie Tiger

Eauxkie Tiger Founding Member

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Though junior Skyler Green is the Tigers' only experienced returning receiver, sophomores Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis were among the most sought-after recruits in the country at their position and have shown such abilities in spring practices. Redshirt freshman Amp Hill, who is still recovering from knee surgery, and incoming freshmen Early Doucet and Xavier Carter are similarly talented.

Who do you think will start next to Green..