Bobby Williams to coach WR???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDieHard, Jan 26, 2004.

1. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I was emailed a message that Saban hired his former asst coach and former head coach at Michigan St. to coach wide recievers. I think this is another good hire. Any confirmation from those in the know??

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

That would be a great hire. Havent heard anything about it though. Where is he at now?

3. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

Detroit Lions WR coach.

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

5. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Wow, leaving an NFL team to take the same job at a college. That's impressive, and shows a lot about the state of LSU football

6. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

Good luck getting anything but BW bashing out of those guys. I follow MSU football due to family obligations and I must say that their top board http://www.spartantailgate.com is not exactly intelligent football talk.

I don't think they even know there is a football team at their school right now because it's basketball season.

7. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Think of it this way. We have a guy that will coach our WRs that was good enough to be a Head Coach at a Major University (Yes, he got fired but he did get the job in the first place) and good enough to coach in the NFL. Thats pretty impressive for a wide receiver coach. Plus, I've learned not to second guess Coach Saban.

8. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

Bobby Williams was let go by the Lions.

Remember though, he coached Plaxico Burress and Charles Rogers in college. Perhaps he knows a thing or two about coaching wrs. Mushin Muhammed went to MSU too but I don't know that Williams coached him.

9. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

Considering that Bobby Williams coached for Saban and produced 4 NFL stars in Mushin Muhammed, Derrick Mason, Plaxico Burress, and Charles Rogers, I'm guessing we're in pretty capable hands.

10. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

There are plenty of good position coaches who just cannot cut it as a head coach. No big deal! If true, I think this is a great hire!