Republicans Boehner and GOP congress

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 17, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Missing the point.
    Armor piercing handgun bullets have long been illegal.

What is this obfuscation? Get on topic.

The issue is armor piercing handgun rounds. How many times does it have to be said? Please pay attention.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Its not the issue. So please, say it again.

They tried to ban the AR-15 so now this is their work around.

Please site a shooting using 5.56 in a hand gun. There is no single ounce of data that this round is being used for what you say. NOT ONE!

Bengal B likes this.
  3. red55

No, its time you read the damn proposal. Handguns are specifically mentioned as the factor that has changed.

The word is cite. Look, there isn't an instance of a machine gun or an RPG being used on a cop either, but it still makes sense to limit the ownership of military weaponry by civilians.

The 5.56 handguns are very new, but are clearly intended to enable a armor-piercing round in an easily concealable weapon, to evade the law. The obvious compromise is to ban handguns firing military rifle rounds instead of banning the rounds.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Again. It's not the ammo it's the gun as you alluded too now isn't it?

Checkmate....

5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I realized earlier today that the last legal mail order of AR target ammo I bought right before the Democrat ban in NY happened to be the dreaded green tips. I bought them because they were a good deal. I guess they have more value now. Wish I had ordered more!

Bengal B likes this.
  6. red55

Sorry that it's too complicated for you.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

They've been working hard at it...

8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I used to call my self a Republican. Now I am just an American who is fed up with both sides.

The extremist have taken over both parties and I hate both equally.

Democrats have abused their power just as much as Republicans do. And since Capitol Hill wont do anything Obama and the other Presidents just do what they want with Executive orders. Usurping and destroying the Constitution.

I laughed out loud when Harry Reid after the Republicans got the majority said how eager he was to work with them.. My ass.

They just keep fighting and getting richer off the People. Which is us.

The Blame goes to the American people continuing to elect people that are crooks,dishonest, corrupt, and every other despicable name I can think of. This mess is our fault because the kind of people we would want wont run because when you tell the truth in Washington the crooks will eat you alive.

I will use Pelosi as an example just because I live in the bay area. She wasn't Rich when she went up their. She had money but no where near what she has now. You want to know why. She is allowed by law to profit off of her position as a Senator. And that she has done. She has purchased stock of companies where she decided whether Legislation went to the floor for a vote. So she benefitted from Inside Knowledge.

And you wonder why they are so interested in staying for long periods.

In the private sector that is a crime. Why do we allow it for our elected officials.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Interesting. Every time she rants about needing more gun control laws passed the sales of guns and ammo go through the roof. I wonder how much Smith & Wesson and Browning stock she has.

10. red55

True enough.

Well, every President since Washington has issued Executive Orders and the Constitution has not been destroyed once. Obama has issued fewer of them than any two-term President since Benjamin Harrison.

True enough.

Campaign finance reform is the only thing that will prevent our representatives from working for big campaign donors instead of their constituents.

It is a crime for elected officials, too. If there is evidence, then report them to the authorities.