BOLD PREDICTION FOR '10 SEASON

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Apr 20, 2010.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Miles will be fired shortly after the season is over.

IMO, if Miles does not win 10 games and/or the SEC West this year - he will be fired. If he comes very, very close to both of these goals, then he may get one more year.

1 person likes this.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I can go with that.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

:popcorn::popcorn:

4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

So, then it's offical that Miles IS in the hot seat, then?

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i don't think anyone can set concrete guidelines to what CLM has to fail to accomplish to avoid being fired. if LSU is competitive in every game and still falls short of 10 wins and an SECW title, he will again coach us in 2011.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I know a lot of people that would agree with you. Almost everyone I know in real life thinks he will not win 10 and will be fired. Personally, I do not think we will win 10 games next year either but I don't think Miles will lose his job because of it. I don't know the magic number, or even if there is one, but I think he wins enough to keep his job at least one more year.

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

This

8. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

So he could win 9 games and not win the SEC West and keep his job? :lol:

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

CParso, I respect you on this forum...more than most on here. The only logical reason I can find that you would post something like this is if you have some inside info that the rest of us are not privvy to. However, unless that is the case, I not only believe you are wrong, I HOPE you are wrong.
    -
    10 wins and/or the SECW?? Come on. We have a couple of truly easy wins, but 2 of our 4 non-conference games are going to be very tough, against very respectable programs. Then take into account our typical gauntlet in SEC play. We could win 8 games and be competitive against the others, and I could STILL see Miles coaching in '11...especially with the recruiting season he has under construction.
    -
    Now don't misunderstand. If we win 8 games, but squeak out wins against teams we should destroy, (see LA TECH last season), and lose to Ole Miss, Bama, UF, and either NC or WV...with a couple of those games not being competitive, he is likely gone. But if we're competitive in every game, and blow a couple of teams out that we should, and he only wins 8 or 9...he stays.
    -
    Again...unless you have some inside info that we don't know about.

10. clair

clair Rockets

We lost 2 games last year during the season to the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in America.

Both losses were by 10 points or less.

We lost to Ole Miss -- a game we blew at the end, but had no business being in that position in the first place.

Then we lost the bowl game after having almost a whole new coaching staff (the offense clicked well in the 2nd half).

If the team is competitive and has 8-10-win success, I think they'd keep him.