BOLD PREDICTION FOR '10 SEASON

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I don't like agreeing with you...but I must. ;)

2. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

8 wins with this talent is a losing season. He should and will be gone. If he wins 9-10 games he stays. 9-4 or 10-3 are you happy with that?

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

All the technical points and analysis aside, there are 2 very practical reasons Miles will not be fired after 2010 barring something absolutely disastrous (sub-500 season):

1. Les' $$$$$$$$$$$ buyout. With LSU's current financial shape that is not a hit that we'll be willing to take.
    2. Not destroying the 2011 recruiting class, which may end up being one of the best LSU ever sees. If you want to see a nightmare unfold, then watch the exodus of blue-chip recruits after LSU cans their coach for a 7-8 win season.

What happens after 2011 when Miles' contract comes up for renewal, however, is a different matter, but I find it extremely hard to believe LSU will outright fire him for less than 10 wins.

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

They can't afford to fire him, no matter what unless someone steps up a writes the check to pay him off.:geaux:

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

That's just sad.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

:rolleye33:

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Two things

First, money to buy out a football coach would never come from the University. All money spent on athletics is self generated or provided by TAF through donations.

Second, from what I understand CLM's buyout is variable depending on the length of the term left on his contract. At the end of next season he will only have one year remaining so his buyout should be significantly less then the numbers we saw reported earlier.

I don't see him getting fired so I think it's a mute point. (I know it's moot but I love seeing people get worked up about that :D )

1 person likes this.
  8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

+1

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

id be surprised, but i suppose we dont really know much about alleva (not that he will be the only one making the decision).

last year the team was very competitive and, despite the level of the lsu program, did have an acceptable year.

the sec is tougher than it has ever been, even during the saban years. bama and uf are up so it will always be difficult to win the west and sec. zook and shula are not in the sec anymore.

if lsu makes this ballsy move they better already have someone lined up. the fishing expeditions of the past wont fly.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

If we fire Miles at the end of this season no matter what his record his, I will be embarassed to be a tiger fan for the first time in my life.