BOLD PREDICTION FOR '10 SEASON

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Apr 20, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Gary Patterson, but not after this season regardless. LSU is possibly looking at one of the best recruiting classes ever next season, and we need stability.

2. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

No way Miles gets canned unless a total meltdown occurs. (7 wins or less.)

Miles has given plenty of ammo to his detractors but the thing that makes him damn near bulletproof is the recruiting. If he keeps recruiting like he has up til now he will stay as long as he likes.

People make too big of a deal out of conference titles/BCS games, etc. To be in the mix with a couple of giant killer games is enough to keep a program humming along for years. LSU fans would be secretly content next year if they could knock off a Florida/Alabama combo and then stub their toe against an Auburn and blow a last minute drive against UNC/WVA and throw in a flat performance somewhere else.

Point being...it's not so much Miles' overall record, it's who the loses are against. We lose a few more in ugly fashion to Alabama/Florida then he has problems as LSU will be relegated to middle of the pack....but if it's still a Russian roulette so to speak with the upper echelon of the SEC every LSU Tiger fan "with half a brain" will be happy to wait for the cards to move around the table a bit. Keeps life exciting.

Miles isn't going anywhere. For LSU that is a good thing....as long a the blue-chips keep rolling in.:tigereye:

1 person likes this.
  3. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

10 wins and he's a keeper. 10 wins will put you top-10 in the country really. 8 wins.. where do you draw the line? 5 losses and he should be gone. Talent level is higher than it has been the last 2 years, 2 experienced QBs, explosive play makers, great secondary..

That being said.. if we get 9 wins and he hires a top-notch QB coach I'd welcome him back. I'm shocked that with 2 years of consecutive QB issues that he didn't hire a full fledged QB coach. I was hoping for Kragthorpe..

I think regardless of this season Miles will be the coach in 2011.. him leading us to a national championship earned him the chance to have a senior QB once again.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I dont think we can necessarily measure Miles by wins and losses next year. So long as we dont lose 4-5 again. The main thing I think Miles has to beat Bama or UF this year. Being swept by Satan and Cryer for the third straight year wont cut it. For me, I just want to see LSU show improvement. Not implode at the end of the season like theyve done the last two years. We cant squeak by every game like we did last year, outside of Auburn and USL. We must see more improvements in coaching up the kids. LSU was a place where you could see kids grow. The last two years thats not at all the case. I can handle some losses as long as we play well and show improvements. I think LSU has as much talent as anyone, its to focus it and coach them up. Its also for the players to be held accountable for their mistakes. I like Miles the man but havent ever been fully sold on him as a coach. Id love for him to prove me wrong. I do think he is losing the program to an extent. Its not the dark days of the 90s but its underachieving for the talent we have.

5. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Just to clarify one point, to be the SEC Champion means you will with all probability be in the National Championship game. It is simply too much to demand of a coach, "BCS Title Game or else!" Major college football is too competitive for that.

Win the West, tie for the West lead and lose it in a tie-breaker scenario, something along those lines is fully acceptable. 3rd place Western division then it starts to become touch and go.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ole Miss going for 3 in a row, Houston Nutt going for 4 in a row.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Alright, so I am stirring the pot a bit. But I believe what I said.

I'm not saying that he SHOULD get fired, just that I think he will (unless he leaves on his own - should the Michigan job come available). I have no insider information on this, I just don't believe that Alleva or TAF have confidence in him to continue to lead the program at the level we expect...

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this has absolutely nothing to do with miles, but f' alleva! i do not like and i do not trust that slimy weasel.

as far as miles goes, from everything i have heard, miles wanted to get rid of crowton, but alleva wouldnt give him the ok because of financial appearances.

9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

The pro Miles crowd can say what they want but the writings are on the wall that the program is slipping despite bringing in top talent. He has just lost his mojo. Id love to see Miles have a great season, I really like him as a person. I think a 4-5 loss season is grounds for firing. If not a serious hot seat. I seen a lot of improvement in the Spring game with a few concerns. So Im trying to stay optimistic about the season.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Not getting enough fiber in your diet? :hihi:

I haven't seen you so worked up in quite some time!