Booger picks gators

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 1BIGTIGER, Aug 15, 2014.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Nope, that'd be Dan Mullen bias.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm sorry but I completely disagree. Bo and Herschel were great, Tee Martin won a championship with a team Manning couldn't win with. Tebow's sophomore season was unbelievable. There had never been anything like that season. As a college player, I would have taken Tebow over every one of those guys.

cajdav1 likes this.
  3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Tebow was great, all of the guys mentioned and several more were too. It's splitting hairs trying to decide who was the best and we'll all disagree.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

True, some would say Vince Young or Cam if we are talking about single seasons.

cajdav1 likes this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Where's the love for Johnny Timebomb?

6. LaSalleAve

Well if I put him in I'd have to include Robert Griffin the Turd and I'm not doing that.

furduknfish likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Of the players I mentioned only Tebow, Manning and Tony Dorsett had 3 or more years of dominance. Barry Sanders played behind Thurman Thomas until his breakout year and Marcus Allen was the fullback/blocking back for Heisman winner Charles White in 1979. As far as I'm concerned the greatest college player of all time was Herschel Walker. Walker should have won the Heisman as a true freshman in1980. He gained more yards than George Rogers, led the Dawgs to the National Championship and outgained Rogers in head to head play and his team won. In those days nobody who wasn't at least a junior had ever won the Heisman. In 1981 Walker had another great year but the Heisman went to Marcus Allen who rushed for over 2000 yards. Walker finally won it in 1982 and then signed with the New Jersey Generals of the USFL. He should have had two Heismans and if Allen hadn't had such a phenomenal year three.

Tony Dorsett had four fantastic record setting seasons with Pittsburgh and led the Panthers to the National Championship in 1976. But arguing who the greatest players were its hard to compare players from that long ago to more recent players.

Tebow played for a Florida team with much better talent and a better coach than Manning did at Tennessee. The only question is that if Manning had played at the same age for Florida would he have done as well as Tebow? I have to say yes. If Tebow had played for Phat Phil Fulmer's Tennessee Vols would he have done any better than Manning? I say very doubtful

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Florida's going to be a tough out; there's no question about that. It's on the road, and their defense is the one thing they've got going for them. Conversely, they still have Jeff freaking Driskell under center, and our defense will be pretty damn stout, too. Should be a tough, low-scoring affair, and those often favor the home team. Despite our inexperience on offense, I'd still give us the edge in the department, considering our OL and stable of RBs. We won't be able to just pound the ball over and over, so we may have to spread them out & use the speed of our QB (whomever he may be) to be successful.

The SEC Network should have a segment called "Booger Picks".

LSUDad, furduknfish and Bengal B like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That snot funny

cajdav1, red55 and Contained Chaos like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

So you think Manning would have won a national championship under Urban Meyer running his offense? Who is your dealer bro, my shit is bunk. Manning' nose can't even run much less his legs. QB dive with Manning, his neck would have snapped long ago.

furduknfish likes this.