Booger picks gators

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 1BIGTIGER, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Urban wouldn't have run the same offense if Peyton had been the QB. Meyer likes the spread but he is too good of a coach not to take advantage of the talent he has. He won the NC in 2006 with Chris Leak as the starter. In reality Peyton wouldn't have signed to play under any coach who favored the spread and Tebow wouldn't have signed with anybody who favored a pro style offense. Both were great college QBs but Manning is still earning his living with his arm and Tebow gets paid to talk.

I have a question about how Tebow is going to work out as an analyst. Part of an analyst's job is to hype the players and part of his job is to tear them down when they don't perform. Tebow, being such a nice guy, may have trouble saying that somebody is playing lousy.

I have two dealers. One is named Bud and the other is Jack. Try some of Jack's Old Number 7 sometimes.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

See and that's my question about Tebow, to me he's like Brendan Fraser from that movie where his parents had him locked in the basement until he was 18. I go back to his speech that's on his statue or plaque at UF. Yeah it reads great, but the guy was fumbling through those words because he was talking too fast, and not breathing between any of it... I mean I agree I don't think he translates. He should be out saving the world or something.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If being a talking head doesn't work out his next stop is Columbus, OH as an assistant to Urban Meyer

4. LaSalleAve

After the news today you think Urban could use him on the field? Braxton Miller out for the season.

5. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

ouch!! That may make ol Urban start having chest pains again . Honey pack the bags I feel a big one coming on.;)

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

"Save a seat for me in the broadcast booth! I'm coming to join you, Timmy!"

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I'm coming Lizabeth.

1BIGTIGER likes this.
  8. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I like Payton but he was not better than Tebow. I hated the guy when he played, but he was a special college football player. As far as the best I'm not sure off the top of my head but it would not surprise me if he was in the top 3.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Uh, if Peyton would have chosen Florida he would have played for the Old Ball Coach not Urban. So yes he would have likely won a couple of championships IMO.

didit, plotalot and LSUDad like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

That wasn't the point though, timing yes you are correct, but the question was would Manning have won with the 2008 Gators. The 08 Gators were coached by the Urban Myth.

It's really all speculation anyway and jibber jabber because we are bored as shit waiting for the Tigers to play the Badgers.