Booing in Tiger Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gynojunkie, Sep 28, 2010.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I made the post below a few days ago. After you read it, think of me at the LSU-Alabama game on Nov. 6th, in Death Valley for the first time....

Do you think it will be a good experience for me if people in LSU colors begin to boo our team? I will be enormously embarrassed, for all the reasons expounded on this Forum, and it will surely be a downer.

Your team HEARS that stuff! A "Boo" is so unlike most other sounds a crowd makes (unless your name is BOO-mer Esiason-LOL) that it is a given that your loss of pride--your boos--will get to one or more of our players and piss him off (may be good) or distract him (bad). These guys have varying amounts of talent--some are great now, some will become so, and some will never excel--but they are ALL playing their HEARTS out for you, me, the coaches, personal pride and LSU.

If, as in some recent games where we have all witnessed some tired & predictable 3-&-outs, you fans feel like booing, just be silent! SILENCE IS DEAFENING, and you will not run the risk of disheartening your team at a critical point, or proving yourself to have no class, no pride and no guts to stay the course! You will effectively have removed your Purple & Gold and have exchanged them for Crimson!

And if you have booed already, how will you FEEL when LSU has great success despite your boorish behavior and maybe gets to Bowls and a shot at an NC? Do you then change your tune and shout out for every LSU play, as if you were a proud supporter of our team, during GOOD plays AND bad? Loser! Hypocrite! Wretch!

Most of all, if you boo near me, at my first, very pricey, attendance in Death (Deaf?) Valley, you will piss me off, and, being from the Great State of Arizona, this geezer may just have a surprise or two for your sorry a**, fella!

Make me proud & make yourselves proud! Lose the boos--and do not tolerate
    any from those LSU fans around you. Shut them down--without physical violence (one hopes).

My original post (for context):

"I am an LSU-Dad. I only WISH I were a part of the LSU alumni!.

Fun to check these boards, both before & after each game, especially as I am way out in Arizona & not in BR.

LSU--campus, people, sports, football team, Baton Rouge, Mississippi River, Death Valley--BLESSED you are if LSU is or was YOUR university.

Take it from one who went to two lame undergrad venues (Providence College & Hofstra University) with little to brag about and essentially NO National presence, and "all y'all" are so lucky to be having these great discussions--and not a few rants--on these boards. I tell you true, I'd have given some important body parts to have been able to go to LSU those many years ago.

Thank the Fates that my daughter is at LSU--giving me the opportunity to share the experience, excitement and angst that all y'all are PRIVILEGED to enjoy! (I will attend the 'Bama game on Nov. 6th, no doubt breathing in the 151 proof bourbon fumes emanating from 92,000+ freaks!--looking forward to that one, fo schizzle!)

Oh, and, did I forget to mention the coolest, most out of control Tailgating in the frickin' USA?

--Enjoy the ride, guys & gals--'cause I sure am! See ya in Death Valley!"

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Good chance you get your ass kicked with an attitude like that and if things don't change, you can get ready to put your dukes up cause there'll be plenty of boos.

Not that I disagree with your position but your giddy arrogance overshadows any message- not to mention coming from someone with a pussy reference in their user.

1 person likes this.
  3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Yeah Gyno and duderino gonna beat up the whole stadium... these ****in heros kill me. Lol

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I don't support boo's, but it's a free country.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would never boo our team either, but if Miles and everyone else wants them to stop, then make something happen on offense.

6. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

I live in AZ get to go back for one or two games a year and treasure the experience. It is a free country, but come on people, its still Tiger Stadium....Saturday Night....is there somewhere else you would rather be?
    For all of us that have moved away and miss it, please show up, cheer loud and have a blast and remember thousands would love to be in your seat.

7. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

People have no other way of showing there frustration on how this team (well the offense anyway) is under performing. I can see their point of view, however a sober me would never boo. Now drunk plus the emotion of the game can't make promises. Not proud of it but I'm being honest.

8. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

I posted a somewhat similar thread as well, you just made different points than I did on the topic but overall I stated booing is bad for LSU and the program and wanted to encourage others not to boo, but people will be people, all we can hope for is a good game and no boos!

1 person likes this.
  9. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

This subject has come up a lot lately. If I am sitting in a section where everyone is booing at times, I can't picture myself jumping up and telling them all to shut up. And even if I toyed with the idea of doing so, I would hope that I remind myself at some point (before doing so) that this is Baton Rouge, Tiger fans, Death Valley, and a LOT of people just as tough as or tougher than myself. So for someone to come here and talk about threatening a person who might be booing near them seems rather ridiculous. Attitude will get you nowhere in Tiger Stadium, except maybe hurt pretty bad. Now, I personally don't condone booing, I don't do it myself. I've been known to do so in my home when watching games. But never when actually AT the game. I agree with pretty much the rest of the OP's post, just not the part where the word "violent" is brought in. And I would not call a "boo-er" a "loser", "hypocrite", or "wretch" simply because I'm well aware that most of these people are drunk anyway and are probably quite decent people otherwise. And when you mix football, Tiger Stadium, Drunk people, and attitudes... well, lets just say it isn't a position I would put MYSELF in. And there is also the little possibility that the person you're threatening already has a violent nature... you know... the kind that you hit as hard as you can and they reply, "c'monnnn.... that all you got??", or "Ohhhh, this is going to be fun!". So, I would think twice... no, several times before taking such action.

I'm not happy when I hear booing in TS... and I know there are many people here who agree. But it's there, it happens, it always has happened since I can remember. And not just at TS. I do agree that silence would be the ultimate response. It would be awesome if everyone would think that way... but we're all humans with different opinions and feelings, so, move on and enjoy the rest of the game :)

10. TigerTime

TigerTime Founding Member

These threads are priceless at times.

They start with the proposition that booing is claseless, and then threaten physical violence against those who choose to boo (that's not claseless though, right???).

I have never booed at a LSU game. I probably never will. But whatever other people around me choose to do is really not my business, unless they are trying to grab my wife's ass or taunting one of my daughters. Get over the weird obsession with booing. You're at sporting event. Sometimes it happens. It's gonna be OK.

1 person likes this.