Book Review: Justice Denied...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Feb 7, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I haven't finished reading it yet, but for those of you interested in seeing a peripheral angle and a totally different viewpoint of the Edwin Edwards trial and his dealings in the Cascade Insurance scandal, it's very interesting.

It also makes what is already a jaundiced view of former US Attorney from New Orleans Eddie Jordan into a downright loathsome one...

Quite a perversion of justice from what I've read so far, and I'm only at the point of the first judge of the Edwards trial recusing himself for undisclosed ethical issues.

If you're interested in a different type of book (it's set up with his semi-frequent journal entries, and peppered with anecdotes and stories), heavy with stories and profiles of interesting political and historical characters in Louisiana history, this one is a good read.

That I'm aware of, the first man to ever run for and win a major statewide election in the history of the United States while under indictment is Jim Brown. It's a good story, and a good buy, and a great read.

Just my $0.02...Has anyone else perused it?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A book review on a book you haven't finished is kind of like screaming for a coach's head in mid season, don't you think?

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Shows how much you've paid attention...I haven't called for his head mid-season...I've called for it WELL seasoned, and immediately after the final horn sounds at the END OF THE SEASON...

But thanks for hijacking yet another thread...

4. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

You two are hilarious!