Boomers still sour over Sugar spanking

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 24, 2004.

1. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

I like the line “one in a row is not a streak.”

How about none in a row, OU?

It must hurt to go, in a matter of weeks, from the greatest team of all time (as called by the mass media) to the Champions of Jack Squat.

That’s a long way to fall. Now they’ve lost it. They are fencing windmills now.

And has anyone ever been to a big time college football road game where you didn’t get ragged by opposing team’s fans? VA Tech was the worst. Before the game no hokie fans said a word to me or even looked at me. The place was asleep. Afterwards, every fratboy in Blacksburg was vying for a fight. I’ve had similar run-ins in Auburn & SC. At least the SEC fans have the balls to talk smack BEFORE the game. After getting upset about it more than once & near fisticuffs, I’ve learned to expect it, smile, and let it roll off. It’s just part of the deal. My philosophy is: stay out of jail, especially on the road in the SEC, & let Saban & the boys shut the other fans up for me.

2. BB

BB Founding Member

What does "fencing windmills" mean? Sounds like a great expression.

3. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

It’s a literary expression, alluding to Don Quixote, usually meaning fighting an imaginary enemy. Don was a crazy old man who thought he was a knight and attacked the windmills on the countryside. OU fans are Don Quixote, the legend of the antichrist in an LSU hat is the windmill.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Even if it's only an internet forum, the attacks on us were simply uncalled for. That stuff crossed the line. That being said, I would like to point out that 99% of the OU fans I met in N.O. that weekend were class acts. They had to put up with a lot and most of them dished it back without getting personal. I even got many props (like I did something personally) after the game and well wishes for the future. I kept my mouth quiet that we should've won by 3 TDs because I thought those guys were alright. On Sunday before the game, all the LSU fans I spoke with seemed to genuinely like the OU fans and many commented that it was so much better to hang with them than AU or Ole Miss fans.

5. rookie

rookie Founding Member

Yeah, I question just how many of the ones that are crying were even in New Orleans.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

OK, sorry. I should have said some of them are part coonass too. :D

7. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Poor Poor OU fans....I'm so sorry.

8. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

dhead,
    Do you have access to that forum? If so, tell them on behalf of other LSU fans, that they are some of the most snotty, unamercian losers who have no right to call anybody trash. I am willing to bet that 90% of their fans are closet racists and probably were not phased by 9-11. That is about how unsensitive their remarks were. It's sad to see grown adults act so juvenile. On a side note, there are a few regulars on this board who act like this that I wouldn't mind seeing get the boot, so I'm not saying we are all perfect.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats the irony of it all... everyone I know that was there had a great time with no problems beyond the fun jaunting back and forth between fans. No fighting, just good fun. Hell, on Bourbon Street OU fans had pretty much taken over (pregame) since they had rented out all the balconies throughout the quarter....OU flags on every corner and fans yelling down to the LSU ppl on the street. That being said... I just don't buy into this evil LSU fan crap because I experienced none of it. In fact i sat in the middle of the OU section except for our row, it was a sea of red. We made friends with the people all around us...hell, I even made a bet with the 3 women in front of me that whoever's team was ahead at the end of each quarter, then the other had to buy a beer. So, they all paid up each quarter as LSU never trailed as you know. Even shook hands and they congratulated us after the game.

Speaking of cheers, when they came to sit, the women were mocking LSU fans by saying, 'tigah bait, tigah bait'.... then one said to me, please tell me you arent going to chant that at us the entire game. I said its a deal, as long as you dont yell your gay cheer, Boomuh Soonuh crap. She said its a deal... i then commented that its ironic they think our cheer is annoying when there's is moreso plus it just doesn't carry any meaning. At least none worth yelling to opposing fans.

all in all, i think we have the NC trophy. they can whine all they want.

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Long thread

ouzena
    Junior
    Reply Re: OU Playing LSU in the near future?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LSU fans need to take some lessons from Alabama fans on how to treat the visiting teams fans. I went to the Bama game this year,and I have to admit the fans treated my family better than anywhere I have been. They were constantly thanking us for coming down and offering us to tailgate with them. Bama fans are the classiest fans I have ever visited,with Nebraska being 2nd.

OBUsooner
    Junior
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would NOT want to go to Baton Rogue (as in Rogue State) to play. The LSU fans in New Orleans made me wish I was in downtown Austin amongst 100,000 UT fans. LSU fans are the most obnoxious, disrespectful, drunk fish, immoral, stupid fans I have ever had the misforture of meeting.

For that matter, the whole state of Louisiana is dump that needs to fall off into the Gulf of Mexico. New Orleans makes Las Vegas look the capitol of the Bible Belt.

I hope we don't play them, but if we do, when they come to Norman, it will be an atmosphere like we gave the pokies this past year!

boomerdad
    Sophomore
    you said it obu. i personely can't wait to welcome those clowns to norman after the way we were treated in that sewer known has new orleans.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: