BOTTOM LINE: LSU PLAYS TO LOSE UNTIL THEY HAVE NO CHOICE!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Eliminator55, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

First off, I apologize for the temporary double post. Don't know how that happened.

Of course, I'm glad that the tigers pulled out a much needed victory tonight. Jarrett Lee showed a great deal of composure and poise throughout the game. All the players did a fantastic job at contributing to the game.

However, the glaring observations of complete incompetence in coaching, on the part of Miles and Crowton, cannot be overlooked. LSU played to lose in the second half until they were forced to go for it. You can't call a run up the middle on first down over and over and over and expect it to be productive. Yet, that doesn't keep LSU from doing it. Multiple times during the second half, the 1st and 2nd down plays were, oh let's see, run up the middle. Then set ourselves up for another coveted 3rd and long. To say that the calls at the end of the game exemplify great coaching is absolute ignorance. The game could have been won in an entirely different manner through the utilization of non subpar offensive play calling. LSU's offensive play calling is the worst that I've ever seen and probably every will see for a team with such offensive talent.

How can one, including the commentators of tonight's game, completely overlook the horrible offensive coaching that continuously necessitate a last minute miraculous comeback that clearly shows the ongoing mentality of "play to lose" that the offensive coaching staff practices.

I hate to be negative after a GREAT WIN! I have friends who live and breath football. They go in-depth as far as knowing all the intricacies of the game. Anyways, he completely dissents on my opinion of the offensive coaching style and declares that tonight's last minute win could not have been achieved if it weren't for such "great coaching."

I don't see how he can ignore the things I've talked about above. I really would like fellow forum members views on this. Do you agree, disagree? I just really would like to hear what others have to say.

Once again, thanks to all the players and fans who fully and wholeheartedly support the team no matter what. Also, the defense continues to impress and brings an intensity to the game that's amazing.

2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I'm sure you made a good and insightful post. However, game night after a huge win; I'm not reading it.

Enjoy the Win.

Come back in 2 days. Then we'll talk.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The playcalling on the final drive was atrocious... 3 straight runs in a two minute offense, then a fake field goal. Never should have happened.

4. geaux9

geaux9 Founding Member

Enough said.

5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

i saw great improvement, take the win and enjoy it for a change

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You shouldn't have authored the thread to begin with. Enjoy the wild ride.

1 person likes this.
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Delete both of them.

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

GEAUX TIGERS

9. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

Hopefully, a mod will clear one.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Worked last week. :wave:

What did you think of Meyer's last minute coaching?