BOTTOM LINE: LSU PLAYS TO LOSE UNTIL THEY HAVE NO CHOICE!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Eliminator55, Oct 9, 2010.

1. bigcarlittle

bigcarlittle Freshman

tl:dr anyway, enjoy the win!

2. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Great win for the Tigers. Be Happy and enjoy.

3. Rex C.

Rex C. member

This.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It's funny to me to see so many complaining about your criticism. Many who were blowing a gasket last weekend, I'm sure. Guess what know-it-alls, criticism is legit and this game was not handled well enough. Our QB situation is bad, don't you all try to tell us it's a'ight.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Name the last win the in swamp...

Oh GG

LSU BABY!

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

You need my fire extinguisher?? :wave:

7. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Lightly flaming Eliminator55 for his post is a bit intolerant; and, though I as well will enjoy the win and the excitement, it's no biggie for him to post his critique tonight as opposed to two days from now.

While I love cliffhangers--and they always make the highlight spots--Elim's post does bring out that, by unbelievably conservative and predictable play calling, we place ourselves in these do-or-die situations, instead of grabbing the momentum, mixing up the plays (much easier to do with JJ alternating with JL), confusing opponent defenses, and racking up points. Racking up points--insurance, anyone? Of course we have "4th and inches" scenarios when we squander dozens of opportunities on 1st & 2nd down crapola. We tire our guys out, do not move the chains and risk fumbles--all for what, anyway? Low-percentage plays that haven't worked in years.

--And a bit off-thread, but, why is SR sipping Gatorade during critical down & dirty short yardage running plays?

Great play by the tea--thy played with real heart & toughness; coaching still needs fine tuning.