Boudin

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUfan71, Jun 18, 2007.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I eat it like any other normal food group, however I know your filthy mind is in play here so for the sake of entertainment I usually bite, chew, scratch, yank, pull, grind, rip it off then stomp it with a bad pair of heels before setting it on fire and lighting a cigarette with the flames ;)

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I have a grilled boudin poboy on the menu at the cafe.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Dam. Sure glad I didn't ask if you swallowed.

I know a place that sells a boudin burger. My youngest loves it. I love ground meat patti's too much not to get that kind of hamburger when I eat one.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I did not know until this very day that boudain was the same as boudin. I have never seen boudain before. Why the two different spellings?

5. LSUTiga

I've never seen it spelled that way.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I went to the BBQ joint on Government street today for a pulled pork sandwich. They had added two new items to the menu. One was gumbo and the other was boudin eggrolls. I guess I'll have to try them sometime . . .

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Don't try the gumbo. I tried it, and there was way too much oil. There was a thick layer of it on top of my bowl. That should not happen if you know how to make a roux. On top of that, the gumbo just wasn't very good. It tasted like uncooked roux.

8. tigerchick46

My BF goes on an annual guys only event called "Boudin for Peace" where a bunch of guys basically charter some buses, load up with a bunch of alcohol, meet early in the morning in Lafayette and drive around to all or most of the local Boudin places in South LA sampling boudin and other specialties at each country store. They usually leave around 5 a.m. and get back around mid night.....completely intoxicated and smelling like black death, or every country store they've been to. Honestly it seems like alot of fun........here's a link with a brief description. Thought you boys would enjoy, it just took place again this past weekend......

http://www.southernboudintrail.com/boudin-for-peace.shtml

9. LSUTiga

10. tigerchick46

You need to practice posting what goes in quotes and what doesn't, Best Stop boudin can cure this problem........;)