Boudin

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUfan71, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

It's on I-35 Frontage Rd between 290 & 183

Across the interstate from Highland Mall

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

It's definitely my favorite spot. Every now and then we'll take a party bus over for dinner from lake charles. You missed a little though. Cajun Benedict has French bread, not croissant and the gumbo is sausage, not seafood. That's one of my favorite dishes. I had the Acadian breakfast sandwich this week and it's perhaps the best thing on the menu other than sweet baby breesus. Man that place is good.

3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I stand corrected, once my food arrives I'm usually on my 3rd sazerac, so I get "confused".........the Acadian breakfast sandwich might be my favorite too, ever had the burger there? It's crazy good too.....I miss that place.

4. mobius481

@tigerchick46 no I haven't had the burger but the croque madame is great too. I think it's safe to assume everything on their menu is badass.

5. tigerchick46

I've never had anything bad, except the occasional slow service, is it croque madame or mosiour? (spelling?) Again, could be the sazerac's talking. Next time you go ask for a "henry boudreax" sazerac, if you like a huge buzz.

6. mobius481

Well there is a Croque Monsieur but if you get the Madame, it comes with a fried egg on top. It's awesome. I'll have to get the sazerac next time I'm there although I'm generally in town working when I go.

7. tigerchick46

Hmmmm ok, never had the Madame going to have to try that, maybe! My biggest struggle is deciding what to get when I'm there, it's all so good, my BF gets so mad because I can't make up my mind. I also presume you are having all this on the Sunday brunch? It's the only time I've had all the dishes we've been talkin about, or do they serve breakfast every morning? Their evening menu is off the charts as well.....

8. mobius481

@tigerchick46 I generally go for lunch during the week. They serve breakfast all day until 5 pm. I haven't been for brunch but I want to. Also, when i go at night, I ask them to make me a sweet baby breesus as an appetizer. My college roommate and the owner were buddies in high school and we've become friends so he hooks me up when he can.

9. tigerchick46

Nice, I would mostly go every Sunday after church and sometimes at night on weekends, never had the breesus either, writing all this down. I'm taking a bunch of people from Austin to the A&M game and I'm working it all around stopping in Lafayette on Sunday for brunch......can't wait :)

10. mobius481

Found a few pictures. My mouth is watering.....

[​IMG]

Croque Madame

[​IMG]

Cajun Benedict

[​IMG]

Sweet Baby Breesus