Boudin

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUfan71, Jun 18, 2007.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I've never heard of such a thing, I guess the laws of anything goes with beer and grillin apply here........interesting.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I accidentally discovered in a skillet with a little olive oil for too long makes them crispy goodness on the outside.

3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Hmm, we usually bake ours. What heat and for how long do you cook them on a skillet.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I really prefer the full lager beers as they have much more flavor, but your favorite domestic will suffice. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Doesn't take very long, just until they have a nice golden 'crisp' to them. Too much heat and you'll split the casing.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A friend of mine with a Louisiana meat pie truck in Austin makes a fried pie with boudin and blue cheese that she calls Bleuxdin. It's a local hit and very tasty.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Sounds nothing but wonderful. I love me some meat pie.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

If you like Boudin....

French Press

It will change your life. That is all.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

How so?

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The way they use boudin in dishes. His best dish is called "Sweet Baby Breesus" and it's a small buttermilk biscuit with bacon fried boudin and steen's syrup. It's literally the best thing I've ever eaten. Then there's the "acadian breakfast sandwich" with egg cheese and boudin on toast. Also the "Cajun Benedict". Just like eggs benedict but instead of english muffin, it's french bread, instead of ham, it's boudin, and instead of hollondaise, it's gumbo. It's served in a bowl and is incredible. Everything there is good. He's opened for dinner Friday and Saturday night and I've driven to Lafayette from Lake Charles with friends just to eat there.

The owner was a close friend of my college roommates and was scott boswell's sous chef at Stella. He also ran stanley for a time. French Press is similar to Stanley during the day and Stella at night. Very cool place.

CajunlostinCali likes this.