Boutte's pouting is getting old real fast

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Valid.

2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Tired of seeing Daniels pacify Boutte on the sidelines. All you had to do was look at Bech's face sitting next to Boutte to know how he feels about the situation. He's overrated and had ample opportunity to make some plays last night, but dropped the balls. He's a cancer and we're much better without him on the field.

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I say bench him

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Couldn't agree more!

5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Boutte isn ‘t the problem. Our problem is that we have an offense that is built around a quarterback who is not a good passer. He misses wide open receivers, is consistently late making throws, and often throws behind the receivers. Should the receivers be catching more of those off target catches, yes. Could pass protection be better, absolutely. In todays pass happy football, you are not going to win many games when you only have 85 passing yards in a game. Both Boutte and Bech should be complaining.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Hopefully the protection issues will improve with experience. If I'm not mistaken we're the first team to ever start two freshmen tackles in an SEC conference game. The dropped pass issue has to be resolved on the practice field. They need to be hitting our guys with JUGS gun throws until their hands are numb every day. JD's accuracy is another issue. You can't overwork your QB in practice. Is it mechanics? IDK.

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think the thing that bothers me the most about Boutte is he's so self-centered. Great players like Chase and Jefferson made those around them better and Boutte is more of a distraction, if anything.

lsu-i-like and Chipeace like this.
  8. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

I watched CBK's presser this afternoon. He indicated that he had several conversations with Boutte and it was obvious to him that his attitude & effort had improved. CBK also said he must see improved play from the QB & OL positions with the upcoming SEC schedule.

Swerved likes this.
  9. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I hope that is the case, but that comes across as coach speak to me. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the improvement in attitude. I think it was last game that Daniels was whispering into his ear and that's just embarrassing. It's not the first time Daniels has had to coddle Boutte this season. Truthfully, I've never been impressed with Boutte, but if he wants to be treated like a star, he needs to start producing on the field like one and needs to start acting like one off the field. IMO, he's failed at both of those.