Bowl Selection Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

not at all about Bama. it's not even about Florida State specifically either.
    remove the names of the 4 schools completely and I'd still say the same thing.

apply the same logic and criteria to all 4 or 5 or even 6 (if we adding Georgia back into the mix) spots, and you come up with a different order than this, and likely have some teams change as well.

plain and simple.

I don't even care which criteria you favor over the other.
    but apply that criteria universally (and make it known publicly which criteria we favor before the season even starts).

consistency. that's all I ask.
    apply the same criteria consistently across all 4 spots, and Alabama is most likely still in no matter which you choose (I can only think of one scenario that would eliminate them) only thing that changes is their seeding.

but when you change criteria for each position it now reeks of corruption and manipulating things to arrive at a pre-determined conclusion to have the matchups you want vs. what they actually would be if you just let it happen instead of forcing it.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Look, drum it up any way you want and the bottom line will always be that FSU just wasn't a very good team without Travis. Does it suck, sure, is it unfair? Sure it is. Life isn't fair. They should have recruited a better QB room. So I guess the answer to your question is yes, unfortunately they get screwed because no one wanted to see them get boat raced by the other 3 teams

Well yes I can. I watched their last game and dog shit is a perfect moniker. That is what they were. Could probably let them and Iowa play for 3 days and you'd have a soccer score when it ends.

They Just Didn't Belong.

Any day you wish to match vocabularies with me I'd be happy to embarrass you dingus

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

so FSU gets dinged for looking bad with a 3rd string QB (who by the way will not be playing in the bowl or playoff), against a team that is still ranked.

but it's OK for Alabama to look every bit as dogshit with all of their starters in the game against a mediocre (at best) Auburn team?

so you just pick and choose which dogshit games we count?
    why do we only count the one that supports your argument but not the other one?
    they both happened. only a week apart from each other.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

at least you can admit it.

the committee manipulated the data to arrive at a predetermined outcome rather than putting teams where they would have fallen if they should have naturally.

which has been my point all along.

5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

we probably should have seen this coming. The committee was already trying to slot FSU out in the Nov 21 rankings. They were always the bubble team with a big program behind them casting a shadow.

What ifs: Oregon beats Washington. Only 2 undefeated teams then. FSU gets in while the Pac 12 kills itself.

upload_2023-12-5_12-38-8.png

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It’s not about Bama yet your 1st two post in this thread are about ……. Bama.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

so still picking and choosing what info we use?
    and the page numbers for the thread are very easy to navigate and prove that neither of my first 2 posts in this thread mention a single team by name.

plus, I literally just said Bama is (likely) in no matter what criteria you use.

I've also mentioned Washington, Michigan, Texas, Florida State and Georgia by name.
    know why?
    because that's the teams currently involved.
    call them teams A, B, C, D, E, F for all I care.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Bama Bama Bama.

Not about Bama.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Bama Bama Bama. Not about Bama.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Bama Bama Bama. All about Bama