Bowl Selection Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Dec 3, 2023.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

mancha likes this.
  2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

people would be complaining how you can keep a team out based on a thousandth of a point. LOL.

It seems LSU is on the outside of next year's 12 team playoff in both BCS and Committee standings. Lots of work to be done to make this team a top 12 after JD, Nabors, and (Thomas Jr.) leaves. Maybe Kiki's defense can take up the slack.

furduknfish likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Of course not, and while I can't "predict" I can "hope" that we have a better backup QB or whatever position should/could go down. Someone that wouldn't have as huge of an impact as they did. That offense was just flat out horrible. I think we can avoid that with recruiting.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

ok, but the committee is using a game with the 3rd string true freshman (who won't be playing going forward, by the way).
    with the way today's game is with transfers, etc. how many teams have a QB room that's three deep with quality players that can step right in?

shane0911 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Bro. We don’t have a D capable of winning a title hahaha.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Portal is ripe with talent this year or it seems to be. I think our offense will be okay and I think we can keep a lot of our D. Fill the holes and we are okay boys

LSUTiga and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Does Bama have everything rigged? (Wow I can post today).
    Last second hail Mary to beat a bad Auburn team, struggled in other games this year.
    Michigan "cheated". Wasn't Harbaugh suspended twice this year? Plus had a soft BIG schedule Penn State and THE only two tough games.
    Georgia loses one game in over two years and is two time defending champ, left out?
    FSU, FSU got screwed
    After all that, GO HUSKIES!

Hou-duco, LSUTiga and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Go look at the Auburn game for UGA near identical stats to the Bama game vs Auburn. However, much higher stakes for Bama /Aurburn.

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Pretty sure that was his point, baw.

mancha likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@LSUpride123 has called it "Bama hate" in this thread a couple of times, but I think its more Bama fatigue. Its recognizing that over the years, there are 3 possible playoff scenarios; 1. Bama is unquestionably in, 2. Bama is unquestionably out, 3. Bama is in the conversation. But in truth, 3 equals 1, every time. No team gets the benefit of the doubt they do.

Heard somebody the other day put it this way: you can look at both teams and tell them, "what could you have done on the field to remove the question marks? Alabama, you could have not lost to Texas on your home field by two scores. You could have not looked like crap in beating a poor Central Florida team. You could have not put yourself in position of needing a miracle to beat a bad Auburn team. As for Florida State, you could have not had your quarterback get hurt." That's it. That's all FSU did wrong this year.

And as @APPTiger noted, Georgia is a two-time defending NC who carried a 29-game win streak into the SECCG. Reverse the teams.....if it was Bama in Georgia's shoes, does anyone doubt we'd have two SEC teams in the playoff. We'd be back to the 3 scenarios...a 2-time defending champ, only loss is in the SECCG; that Bama is in scenario #3. And 3 equals 1, every time.

LSUpride123 and tigermark like this.